1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What could explain this?

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback, Suggestions and Questions' started by P_Stoddart, Apr 30, 2012.

1. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I am see this issue on the front door of the site.

Yet it should be this

[​IMG]

I tried a F5(refresh) and still get last week's copy on the home page of the site.

Raised this with Karen, she told be all is well. :confused:

Any idea?

2. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Back in the day, when it was one of my tasks to update the cover image, we wouldn't update until the day it was due to hit the news-stands, Tuesday IIRC. ;)

3. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Which, correct me if I am wrong, would be tomorrow for the issue cover dated 5 May ;)

PS Regards contacting the Online Manager (Karen)... please reserve this for matters concerning the site build, functionality etc. rather than content :)

4. P_Stoddart

So this is the right place for content issues? Just so I understand. :)

As for updates I have seen it change pretty much every Sat since being on the forum. Because the subscriber do get it on Sat morning ( well in theory anyway :p ). So the issue seem to go live once the other has expired.

So I am not imagining things it is showing 28/04/2012 as of this evening.

5. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Yes although forum members are welcome to highlight functionality issues here as well. However as per my previous advice - and the Online Managers request - direct communication regards the site build (details within my signature) is best :)

I can't be sure but I believe that you are mistaken :) We'll see what tomorrow brings. The on sale date is the Tuesday preceding the cover date.

regards
    m

6. P_Stoddart

Pretty sure last week updated late Sat or early Sun. I recall because quite interested in the D800 review. :D

I don't subscribe so therefore wait until Tues.

See the latest on here ASAP make me aware of the which issue to seek out.

I tend to go out early on Tues for other reason so not on computer.

Maybe with the new site build the policy has changed? Although the online team I believe are very busy at this time looking at other improvements.

7. KarenS

KarenS Online Manager Forum Admin

The new site changes the cover on the day it goes on-sale to the news stand, so that it reflects what is actually on sale on that day.

The old site did this as well, however you could also see the next issue coming on sale by selecting 'Next Issue', which is maybe what you're thinking of?

You can still see the next issue coming up, once it's been added on this page: http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/magazine/2012/back-issues. Hopefully we're going to be able to improve how this page looks later on and perhaps get a separate 'Next Issue' page.

It usually gets added on the Thursday or Friday before the magazine comes out, once the cover has gone to press.

By the way - you can let me know about content issues too that relate to the website. Though if it's something someone else looks after I will probably pass it onto them.

Thanks

Karen

8. P_Stoddart

Ah, yes that rings a bell. There was a next issues tab above. Which probably I did use to make a mental note of what to look for.

Thanks for the tip. :)