1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Reading?

Discussion in 'The Games Room' started by Hotblack, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

J.G.Ballard, "Miracles of life" (autobiography). His observations of the english in the late 1940s/early 1950s are, as he himself hints, still valid today. Not that they are particularly flattering!

Lynn

2. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Just Reading Patricia Cornwall Flesh and Blood about sixty pages to go so won't be long here.
    Don

Catriona likes this.
  3. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Just finished 'Betrayal' by Martina Cole first time I have read one of her books but I must say as soon as I can get to the local Library I will be devouring a few more

Catriona likes this.
  4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Will look her up, thanks!

ascu75 likes this.
  5. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Just finished The Life by Martina Cole I am now starting The Wild Remedy by Emma Mitchell

6. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

The Golden Apples Of The Sun. I'm afraid it is not living up to my memory of my first (teenage) reading. Distance lends enchantment?

7. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

As usual I have various things on the go but I'm finding "Grant Wins the War: Decision at Vicksburg" compelling. It's about one of the pivotal actions of the American civil war and Arnold manages to explain both the strategic and tactical actions of both sides in an understandable manner. It's neither too dry nor too purple and it doesn't harm that some of the protagonists seem to have stepped straight out of Terry Pratchett's world. :D

8. Chilli

Chilli Well-Known Member

Lee Child, Tripwire

ascu75 likes this.
  9. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Going to the library this afternoon to try and find more Lee Child books

Chilli likes this.
  10. Chilli

Chilli Well-Known Member

one shelf of our bookcase is filled up with his books.

11. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Lucky you, we have just got back from the Library (for the second time today must remember closed Weds am.) got two new books . Don

Chilli likes this.