1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wembley Arena ?

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by CLG, Sep 12, 2008.

1. CLG

CLG Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the right place to post..

I am off to see someone in Concert next week and well the question is do you think I can get my camera in ? my Nikon D40 ?

Don't want it taken off me with the southern meet up the week after ;)

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is in the wrong place

2. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Claire,

Check your ticket, if there's no details on there perhaps phone the venue for more info

3. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

GENERAL Terms & Conditions of Entry for the Arena include -

The use of unauthorised cameras, video and sound recording equipment is prohibited. Such items may be confiscated.

So now you know

4. Neil_L

Neil_L Well-Known Member

They will consider it as a 'professional type camera' because the idiots there (and at every major venue) take one look at a DSLR and assume it's a D3. I've seen plenty of people with SLRs at gigs but only when they've sneaked them in. Your bag will be searched, although not necessarily thoroughly. If you're going straight from a photo shoot and will have lots of blatant camera gear with you, I'd suggest you don't take it there - I've no idea if there's a left luggage type room for these sorts of things. If it's just a teeny DSLR at the bottom of a normal rucksack with an inconspicous lens you may get away with it.

Neil

5. CLG

CLG Well-Known Member

Thanks guys

I may just stick to my little one :( DAMN :( x

6. Neil_L

Neil_L Well-Known Member

if you seriously want to give it a go, the way to do it is to wedge it into a coat or jacket sleeve and hold the coat as you walk through. I know a photographer who's done that several times when she hasn't managed to get a photo pass and has sneaked in with a DSLR and 70-300 lens! But unless you're within the first 6-10 rows of a concert, it's pointless anyway.

7. CLG

CLG Well-Known Member

I have up to a 200 lens.. and I am in the block next to the stage but on the back row... so not sure if I am going to risk it !

8. Neil_L

Neil_L Well-Known Member

it's only people with bags they check, so if you can stash it under your coat and stroll through you'll quite possibly be fine. Even 1st block you'd need a 200mm +!!

9. grouse

grouse Well-Known Member

Even if you manage to sneak the camera in security will probably spot you. It's amazing how eagle eyed they are. I'm sure it's not worth the embarassment of being spotted and then hauled out of your seat to deposit the camera 'somewhere' else

10. CLG

CLG Well-Known Member

I didn't bother in the end

I took my little camera instead :)

I would of loved to get some decent pictures of them though :( x

11. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

Am I the only one wondering who was playing?

12. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

No. :D

13. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

I've just found This webpage 'cos I was wiondering also.

So...who do you think more likely? Gloria Estafan or Nickelback? :D

14. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

I bet Claire's a rock chick, so Nickleback. :D

15. Hotblack

Quite possibly but Claire says

rather than a band.

Have we discovered an embarrasing secret do you think? :eek: :D

16. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Not...

Cliff :eek: :eek: :eek:

17. Hotblack

or maybe..

Boyzone :eek: :eek:

18. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

...or Cliff?

19. CLG

CLG Well-Known Member

Blimey I like this being topic of conversation ;)

I Went to see Nickelback and they were BRILLIANT - would love to go and see them again :) but the tour has now ended :(

20. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

.... and they were supported by Cliff and Boyzone which made it even better.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif