1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welsh sky (5th picture for the Day)

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Roger Hicks, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Who else remembers Barfen slide film? And who else still carries a camera at all times?

I shot this over 50 years ago on a camera I bought almost 60 years ago and which I still have. Unfortunately it no longer works reliably.

Cheers

R.

2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or is there no link to a picture in Roger's post?

Cheers, Jeff

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I thought, as it was shot 50 years ago, it was an exercise in imagination.

4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

It was a characteristic of Barfen. Disappeared after a couple of hours. ;)

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Well there is a patch of white which suggests overexposure as it is alleged that it's always grey and overcast in Wales

I have my coat ready - precisely for the reason above..;)

6. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Sorry! Here it is.

Life has been a bit hectic lately, by our standards. Tuesday AM: blood test. Tuesday PM: call from hospital saying that because blood counts were low, Frances needed a new blood test at 0800 this morning (Thursday). They would fax the prescription through. Wednesday: working on Final Analyses for AP.

Arrive at lab 20 km away: no sign of prescription. Blood test agreed on my reading of the previous blood test (!). Got home. Called hospital. "We faxed it, but I'll call the lab."

Currently at home waiting for more phone calls to see if we go in this afternoon (Chinon, 100 km round trip).

Brain scan tomorrow: Chinon again. Probably nothing (the afternoon headaches have gone away now she's making a serious effort to drink more water) but the medics are pretty thorough hereabouts.

Cheers,

R.

Geren and steveandthedogs like this.
  7. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Oi, you watch it.
    It's not always cloudy and overcast.
    Sometimes it rains.

S

8. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

and that's why I had my coat...