1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to Classic Models & Marques

Discussion in 'Classic Models & Marques' started by Myk.R, Sep 26, 2001.

1. Myk.R

Myk.R Wiff Waff

After a suggestion by TimF (Yes, I do read these postings, well some of them /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif) here's a new board to discuss all things photographically classic.

Enjoy!!

Myk.R

2. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Well I thought this was already catered for in the Leica Room.

Brian.

3. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Maybe this is for real old fogies and the Leica's for wannabe old fogies /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Adieu,

<font color=blue>TFC</font color=blue>
    [Nothing IS a Problem for Me]

4. SCT

SCT Well-Known Member

Well a new home for Slimey and Fangs. Enjoy the peace and quite..... untill Big Will finds it.

Steve C Thompson IRIPN

5. Steve L

Steve L Well-Known Member

I came here expecting to find Twiggy in a Jaguar XK120!! Must have misunderstood the title.
    SteveL
    www.stevephoto.co.uk

6. Col. Hogan

Col. Hogan Well-Known Member

Hey, I think this is neat! Well, that's because I'm going to try a FPK 3A soon.
    Diane FRIPN

p.s. It's not just for Slimey and Fangs.

7. Canonball

Canonball Well-Known Member

That's a 'Folding Pocket Kodak' that needs a pocket the size of a large suitcase./img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Geoff

8. phiggy

phiggy Well-Known Member

A man of my own heart! Steve
    what more could a man want than to be driving a beautiful XK120 drop head with the gorgeous Twiggy through the wonderful welsh mountains and hills to a secret photo location ?
    BIGGGGG :)

9. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

What more could he want? A motorway leading out of bloody Wales. And a companion a little younger and a lot more shapely. In fact you could change the destination, the pub would be better. Nice car though. /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Brian.

10. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Bollocks - Wales has some of the best driver's roads there are. The Jag will do me - I'll go for younger and more shapely than Twiggy though! :)

Huw Evans.
    www.huwevans.freeuk.com

11. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

"Wales has some of the best driver's roads there are".

Indeed Huw. There are many fine roads in Wales, all of them leading out of it. /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Brian.

12. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

13. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Oh, bollocks - no HTML in this forum! Oh well, copy and paste that 'Dragon' URL into your browser to meet your nemesis! ;-)

Huw Evans.
    www.huwevans.freeuk.com

14. phiggy

phiggy Well-Known Member

Oh dear what have I done? Brian say what you will but I love Wales and for me I cant wait to move there.I go into North and mid Wales at every opportunity available to me.

Huw I have been called most things in my life and my name is Philip not Philistine :) :)

15. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Sorry Phil - I was referring to Brian, who clearly does not understand the matchless splendour of the beautiful land. :)

Huw Evans.
    www.huwevans.freeuk.com

16. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Oh I understand it very well Huw. Only I don't like it. If that makes me a Philistine, so be it. However, I can understand why you like it. To me that is a well balanced attitude, no more, no less. :(

Brian.

17. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

So what kind of scenery do you like then, Brian? [And don't say, anything with a pub in it! :)]

Huw Evans.
    www.huwevans.freeuk.com

18. Canonball

Canonball Well-Known Member

No, he likes any view from inside a pub! /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif

Geoff

19. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Being serious for a moment. ( Well there goes any credibility)

Huw, I enjoy a lot of different types of scenery, no, I'm not talking photographically here, I have never considered myself a scenery type person or photographer. Really I am stating that I don't like Wales or many other places, but the reason is difficult to put down in writing. Its more a feeling, a sense of being happy in the enviroment, it's probably more to do with emotion and response. As an example. The Forest of Dean, I only have to drive through it and I am depressed, BIG TIME. I drive every month up to Northumberland, driving through the Tyne tunnel I get a feeling that I am coming home. Maybe it's the atmosphere of the whole package, it is also the people. I have been to Wales many times, the Southern part I don't mind. But the further North I go, so the more the doom factor seems to descend.

But please this post isn't to be taken for argument, I am not knocking, I am just expressing or trying to express my feeling.

And Huw, I didn't mention the pub.

Brian.

20. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

I have one thing to say to you.

Te these canny lads we'd like to give a wee bit o' advice
    Watch yersels, an' dee whats reet an' divvent be pit mice
    We waddent like te see any o' yer ivver cum te grief
    There's ne carl at arl te smash yersels

Brian.