1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird (sales) morning in the shop :o

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Done_rundleCams, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

In the 2 1/2 years that I've worked in this shop, we've sold 1 or 2 Mini-DV tapes ....
    ..... this morning all 20 tapes got sold within 30 minutes :eek: .... Weird and they're
    no longer available ... at least, not from our suppliers

Keep Going England :)

Jack

Roger Hicks likes this.
  2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Was it the same guy that cleared you out of film a while back? If so I suspect he's an eBay tycoon. ;)

3. Done_rundleCams

:D :D .... I don't think so, Zou :D .... Mind you, we still have four of the Huge DV tapes (??) which, apparently, we've had
    kicking about for around 10 years :eek:

;)

Jack

4. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I have half a dozen mini DV tapes.....
    and a few 8mm camcorder tapes...

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  5. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

So, no-one's come in asking if you have any of Kodak's Disk film? - For those of you who never encountered one (I can't imagine anyone here regularly used one!) - Here's a link ...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_film

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I used it a fair bit, as a kid. Soon upgraded though.

7. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I've got a Kodak disk camera knocking about somewhere, although before I was allowed to regularly use my dad's Ricoh I was restricted to a 126 Instamatic for a while which my dad decided to customise so it'd look better than it was.

In fact I'm just going to nip downstairs and take a quick picture of it....

...and I'm back:

Hasselblad.jpg

I don't think the 'Hasselblad' name convinced any body.

I remember what a pain it was to break open those 126 film cartridges to process the film.

Eventually I got my hands on this:

Ricoh Singlex Small.jpg

Proper 35mm! Well - while I was downstairs taking a picture of one of them it seemed reasonable that I take a picture of the other as well!

Cheers, Jeff

8. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I did. A Halina that cost me 50p and had a truly awful lens. Made absolutely wonderful Impressionist prints. I really miss being able to use it - so much so that I bought a sub-megapixel digital camera a couple of years ago, but it's not the same.

9. Fishboy

For the sake of completeness I've found my disk film camera. It wasn't just any disk film camera - it was a Dixons disk film camera!

Disk Camera.jpg

You can have your all-singing and all-dancing DSLRs - this little beastie has settings for cloudy and sunny!

Cheers, Jeff

10. RobertCoombes

RobertCoombes Well-Known Member

I have just checked, I have ten. I never could get on with movies.

11. Done_rundleCams

But them on Ebay, David, you should be able to purchase a pint .... and, perhaps,
    a pint of the good stuff ;)

Cheers,

Jack

12. Done_rundleCams

Nope, I haven't Sam, but, I did have a young(ish) person phone to inquire if we had
    any 127 film in stock :eek: .... :D As well, I'll have you know that before going to 35mm
    film in July of 1985, I'm made the jump from a 110 film camera (1976 to 1984), I received
    a Kodak Disc Camera, albeit not as posh as a Dixon's Disc ;) and I sold a photo from my
    Disc camera :eek: ... :D

Cheers,

Jack

13. Done_rundleCams

Did you start with a 110, Zou, and, then, progress to a Disc Camera and, then, 35mm?

Cheers,

jack

14. Done_rundleCams

Now, you're just showing off, Jeff :eek: ...

;)

Jack

15. Done_rundleCams

You should try flog 'em, Robert :) and, if that fails, try sell on Ebay or is called GumTree(?) ... you might
    make enough for a roll of 35mm film .... not sure about the processing, though ;)

Cheers,

Jack

16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Disc > 110 > 35mm. Still have my first 35mm camera, a Halina point and shoot.

17. Fishboy

Ah, Jack, what can I say?

Not everyone was lucky enough to get their hands on the Dixons Disc 1500 - it was the choice of the professional photographer in its day - probably the equivalent to today's Nikon D5!

Cheers, Jeff

Done_rundleCams and Roger Hicks like this.
  18. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

No, never tried disc film. My first camera that I owned ( I used to borrow my dads 35mm at first, lovely camera but for the life of me I can't remember what it was) was a Zenit TTL that my dad bought for me after his stint working in the USSR. My neck has never recovered.

Various different ones after that, none of which I kept. Either sold, dumped, lost or given away. Shame really.

19. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Also sold as the Nikkorex. In the 1965-66 Wallace Heaton Blue Book the two were shown together (probably on the basis that both took Nikon lenses). Just look at the eye watering difference the Nikon branding made to the price even though the Nikkorex came with the f2.0 lens against the Singlex's f1.4...

Sony A65 8GB Unnumbered DSC01862.JPG

20. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Ah, but the Nikkorex was designed to help you give up smoking,

You couldn't afford to smoke after paying the extra...

Zou and Andrew Flannigan like this.