1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

Weincells

Discussion in 'Leica Camera Chat' started by John Tarrant, Nov 10, 2019.

1. John Tarrant

John Tarrant Active Member

Like many Leica users I have ended up with a Leicameter exposure meter and of course the problem of suitable batteries rears its ugly head.

Eventually I discovered that the "ideal" replacement was the Weincell. Howevwe I have had mixed results. The first one I used was perfect, no problem. However a subsequent one used in another meter (an MR4) refused to give a battery ok indication. After fiddling with the meter contacts over a few days I could not get a reliable indication that the battery was ok and the meter gave inaccurate exposure readings. I put the meter (with battery) away and forgot about it for a few weeks. Recently I retrieved the meter from its hiding place, tried it out and all works well! Battery indicator reports battery ok and meter readings accurate. Do other folk have good/bad experiences with these batteries?

0 away

2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

They have worked ok for me with a Pentax Spotmatic ll. That was several years ago. I don't know what the shelf life of these batteries is.
    Just a thought. After exposing a Wein cell to air, it needs some time to come to life. In a very dry environment 24 hours is reasonable. Normally 30 minutes is more than enough.