1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Web (spider)

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by MickLL, Feb 14, 2019.

1. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

I'll tell you later why I'm asking for comment (I want comment unaffected by my question). What I will say is that size reduction hasn't done me any favours. If I print (reasonably sized) the water drops look much better!

MickLL

PS Sorry about size - without thinking I did them more or less to my club spec and not the forum spec. Don't really have time to rework them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

3. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

That's true Andrew - but not the question.

I know it's true because I have pics of the spider also. At least my limited arachnid knowledge makes me think it true!
    MickLL

daft_biker likes this.
  4. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Is the question "Why are there larger gaps in the web structure?"...? Or is it a purely photographic question?

5. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

When the radial strands are more than a legspan apart it goes around because it can't reach.

I prefer the first but feel they both fall somewhere between a full record of the structure and a pretty dewdrop shot.

Zou and peterba like this.
  6. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Thanks, Andrew. Although, in fact, I was asking Mick whether that was his question - not asking the question myself...!! :D

daft_biker likes this.
  7. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Sorry guys - didn't make myself too clear. Despite that Andrew has come close to answering it. I knew about the spider and its web. The picture is a crop from the full frame and I wondered if the crop worked at all.

It might get hammered (for not showing the whole web) in an NH setting and I'm not sure if it works at the 'pretty picture' level. I think that it doesn't in this reduced form but might as a print because the water drops show better.

MickLL

8. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

As presented, it is judge bait really. Anyone would ask for some of what I call "visual punctuation" for the eye to rest on. The droplets are a bit subliminal. Need the spid, its lunch, leaf, or something.

Learning likes this.
  9. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Nice pattern, but where's the spider? was my first reaction. Having read the text I feel that this would be more appropriate for the Something I found interesting thread in the Exhibition Lounge.

10. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

The spider would have been in its den somewhere. No self respecting spider would sit out in a wet, dewy, web !!

MickLL

swanseadave, peterba and Zou like this.