1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We live in such a wonderful country...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Andrew Flannigan, Jan 10, 2019.

1. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Very well said, Andrew. Sadly, I fear that the pigs aren't even on standby - let alone ready to fly. :(

Roger Hicks likes this.
  2. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

He has to be trolling. No one with a shred of decency in them could possibly make that statement. The mere fact of their existence is a blight on the nation.*

* I mean the food banks. I think.

3. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

Food banks are there for a purpose, to feed the people on low incomes and those with no income at all, we know income support and credit union or what ever you want to call it does not work at the mo but it will change, so food banks are really important to these people, so the food banks are doing a wonderful job.Yes I agree with everybody they are a blight on our society but the fact is we need them, whoever is in government should be ashamed of this because it's been going on for years, I donated to charities when I was working I donated to charities, I was involved in events and all donations went to a charity, this country gives away billions of pounds to foreign aid and often it is said it never gets to the people who it was intended for, again no matter who is running our country this has gone on. Our country I am talking Great Britain, (Scotland, Wales, England, Ireland,) needs to change now....surely people must realise this.....we cannot go on as we are we want changes now.....

4. peterba

Foreign Aid budget 2016 = 13.4bn

Cost of Brexit (source: Bank of England) = £40bn so far... as at May 2018

Projected cost of Brexit = eye-watering

Lindsay Pennell and MJB like this.
  5. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Great Britain consists of England, Scotland, and Wales plus some islands. It does not include any part of Ireland.
    The United Kingdom consists of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

6. IvorCamera

Ok, I should have said Northern Ireland, I should have said, some small islands, ok I should have said, ok I should have said, I ok l should have.....people on here never seem to stop waffling on.......

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Alternatively, you could have said something worth saying instead of that tawdry extremist nonsense, but that would have shocked us all rather more.

8. TimHeath

TimHeath Well-Known Member

Being pedantic, 'Great Britain' is simply the name of the largest island in the British Isles and doesn't include any other 'islands' (or indeed indicate any 'moral' superiority as a good proportion of its inhabitants seem to imagine).

The 'United Kingdom' does include N.Ireland plus quite a few islands.

9. IvorCamera

Closed for the day, I have things to do...:)xx

10. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Nick,

It would indeed, as by now we all know that he is a nasty little troll.

Cheers,

R.

11. IvorCamera

Sticks and Stones......

12. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Those will become more familiar when Brexit returns us to the stone age.:)

13. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Good roughage.
    It appears we are not eating enough of it. Ha! Guess what? Low carb not good any more.

I'm so glad I ignore the lot of the so-called recommendations and warnings.

IvorCamera and Andrew Flannigan like this.
  14. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

So that's 5000 jobs at JLR, 1000 at Ford Bridgend, Honda to stop production for six days and all blame Brexit.

All, I think, in leaver areas.

S

Roger Hicks likes this.
  15. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

JLR has a specific problem with the Chinese market turning off. The main issue for the whole industry in Europe is the demonisation of diesel which has stopped people buying cars because they don't know what the rules on diesel car use will be, nor whether gasoline cars will also be affected, nor whether hybrids will be also restricted. Brexit is a headache not the main problem.

Lindsay Pennell likes this.
  16. peterba

That's bloody dreadful, Steve. If they're in Leave areas, it's tempting to say "tough", but of course, even in those areas, there'll be a percentage of poor sods who voted Remain, who are now getting all the cr@p resulting from the idiocy of the other part of the electorate.

Having reached this point - with industries starting to go 'flaky' all around - anyone who still thinks Brexit is a good idea, must be a bloody moron.

Roger Hicks and steveandthedogs like this.
  17. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

This government are more likely to replace foodbanks with dignitas clinics than show any sign of addressing the problem.

18. IvorCamera

JLR......our local car factory.........they should start producing cars that we can all afford! .........Fact!.......they also are now paying the price of producing too many diesels!....Fact!.....

19. IvorCamera

I am not a troll, Fact... and I am not nasty, Fact! I am not little, Fact!.....Read in any order you wish......

20. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

They solve that by tweaking NHS guidlines. We are dispensable (or perhaps that should be disposable?)

Roger Hicks likes this.