1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voting-June Monthly Comp- Sky

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by Craig20264, Jul 7, 2016.

?

June Monthly Comp Voting-Sky

Poll closed Jul 17, 2016.
  1. Craig20264---Low Cloud

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Miked---Dusseldorf Skyline

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. IanEllen---Storm Over Alfriston

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. Geren---Down The Clyde From Carman Hill

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Trannifan---(untitled) Purple Ice Crystals

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  6. Themis---(untitled) London Bookmark

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Please vote on the options above to decide Junes winner. Shortlisted by our May winner,
    Catriona. I hope I've done this poll correctly. I've left it open for 10 days.

"Please vote for your favourite. It was a hard thing to choose - and I was tempted to put all of them forward, but the prime ones which held my attention and drew me back to them were:"

(If a mod could move it to the correct department that would be great, Ta)

I must also offer my apologies to Jan Ellen who I somehow read as IanEllen. Sorry Jan :oops:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    RogerMac and Catriona like this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Oh Jan - that was my error. Blame my eyesight! Thank you so much Craig. I'll let someone know and hopefully it will go to the Competition thread. :)

Kate

3. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Sorry, I forgot the title! It should actually be: Storm over Alesjaure (Sweden). It's also a couple of years old, unfortunately.

Lynn

4. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Why are there only six options?

5. Craig20264

C'mon everone. Get your votes in. I'm never going to win at this rate :p

Catriona likes this.
  6. Catriona

I would if I could but I can't so I won't. :( I actually love that shot since it is so familiar! The conditions, that is. There's a war memorial I can see from my bedroom window, but this last couple of days? Gone in the mist.

Actually this comp is a real struggle to keep going and I'm not sure it is needed either.

7. Craig20264

8. Craig20264

Well, looks like a run away winner. Well done Jan. :)

Hmm. Just checked and Jan's not been around for a month so it may well fall to second spot to shortlist July's entries.

9. Catriona

Yes, well done Jan!

I don't really know what is going to happen to this thread now. It looks like we can muddle through ourselves with help from a Mod to post things - or we can forget about it and continue with our Theme threads ourselves.
    Personally, I'm not fussed and happy to go on with the theme, which encourages everyone to post whatever they take that is relevant to it. I must admit I enjoy it a lot more than this one. Just my feelings though.

Kate

10. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Is is possibly something to do with the complicated way that it has to be? I mean, the fact that it's a member-run competition but we have to post the first thread in a different section and wait for a mod to move it, the fact that we aren't allowed to comment on the competition thread but have to wait for a Mod to create a comments thread. It all feels very unwieldy to me. And if you're only going to get a handful of images entered...and have to beg people to get voting...possibly suggests to me that the Monthly theme is a happier option. At least we can all sit and discuss things as they crop up.

11. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

If it comes to a choice I would prefer the theme section over the competition but i am very puzzled about what is in fact going on. Does anyone know? and if so can they tell?

12. Themis

Themis Well-Known Member

Well done Jan for a dramatic image, and many thanks for the shortlisting of my entry (and for the vote it got!). Been on holidays for three weeks, so manic before and manic afterwards... only now managed a look at this forum!