1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vivian Maier

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by SXH, Oct 15, 2017.

1. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

The film Finding Vivian Maier is on TV next Wednesday (18th October) at 1 am.

Unfortunately, it is on Sky Arts, so I won't get to see it. But, hey, some of you might.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  2. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Watched this on DVD a while back, and whilst entertaining the problem is it's only one side of the story told by people who thought they knew her or knew her only from the photographs she left behind and with a vested interest in photographs and the documentary.

Maybe Vivian Maier: A Photographer's Life and Afterlife by Pamela Bannos, will help even things up. As Bannos says, "Maier was not a nanny who moonlighted as a photographer; she was a photographer who supported herself as a nanny.".

3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

My only descriptive for the Vivian Maier phenomena is ...... Arrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh. :eek:

Cheers,

Jack

4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

She shot a lot of film and produced some quite interesting photographs. (in my opinion)

5. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

I liked the documentary, it was very interesting but as been said before about some of the picture's that has been printed for her I just wonder if thats how she would have liked them!