1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viewing images on Win 10

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by pixelpuffin, Mar 4, 2018.

1. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

I purchased a used laptop last year solely for editing pictures. I'm still satisfied with the photo editing software that comes with Win10
    I don't like MSN homepage, infact I hate the cheesy lead-ins they seem to favour for every single story.
    When I'm not editing or glancing at MSN I often try to find inspiration from others work.
    For example today I wanted some ideas for a simple diy birdfeeder. I type DIY Birdfeeder in to the search and simply click images. However, the images it brings up are very small and often seem to be within another browser if that makes sense. I used to do exactly the same with my old Toshiba laptop which back then was running Win XP, the images would always fill the screen.
    Does anyone know if I can still achieve that using Win 10. I'm not computer literate at all.

Many thanks
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

images you find on the net may be thumbnails. If they are connected to commercial plans this is almost certainly so.

PS what filled the screen using a resolution of 640x480 will look very small on today's 1600x1200 monitors
  3. pixelpuffin

Cheers PeteRob
    Never considered the res
    I do exactly the same with ipads, ie search a topic using images in the task bar and that always fills the screen ? any reason why that is??
  4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Can you take screen shots of the various stages on the PC and post them?

Just hit the ptrscrn button, and then paste the image into paint or whatever to save as a jpg, because your description doesn't really help me understand what you're seeing.
  5. pixelpuffin

Absolutely no idea what a ptrscm button is?
    My laptop is a Fujitsu LifeBook dual laptop/tablet thingy. I'm guessing it has a screenshot button someplace. I'll try to find of just take a snap using my phone and upload.

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

The Prtscn button is usually in the top righthand part of the keyboard. It may need to be used with another key. Ctrl+Alt+prtscn usually captures the active window to the clipboard but laptops are a rule to themselves.
  7. GlennH

GlennH Well-Known Member

If you're not familiar with the PrtSc button, Windows includes the "snipping tool" among its accessories. That does the same job for most purposes and is easy to use.

As stated, this must be resolution related. A high resolution screen makes photos look smaller because its own pixels are smaller.

If photos always fill the page on a high-res device, there must be some auto image-scaling code in play.