1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

Vermillion

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by lfc1892, Sep 18, 2013.

1. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies guys. A few other folk have mentioned the camera too and that it distracts, but I feel that it adds a little something to the shot. Almost as though the viewer is being viewed.

Not sure on the crop, Ed. The picture and the colour match were key for me and I think it loses a little too much with that gone maybe.

2. lfc1892

Does anyone find the metallic reflection on the skirting boards distracting. I quite like it as it shows the texture of the material, but a few have disagreed and have found that it reduces the impact of the shot.

3. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Can't say they bothered me unduly. Could possibly be toned down a a touch but I don't think they need to go as they do do underline the metallic nature of the feature.

4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Honestly they are right. It is really badly intruding in a minimalist shot. Worst thing is it is distracting from the line of the spotlight to the chair.

5. lfc1892

When I first played with the shot, I tried cloning it, but it was a nightmare with the gradation in shade etc. The metallic reflection was easy to remove, but I quite like it.

6. Caulkhead

Caulkhead Well-Known Member

The reflections do not bother me as the eye movement goes to them and then up to the picture.

7. lfc1892

Thanks Caulkhead.

8. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

Ed well seen; what you mention is not the shot that the OP meant to take but yes I agree with you, there is also another picture in vertical format in there.

A sign of a great 'clean' composition, I suppose. Utterly envious.

9. Myopic George

Myopic George Well-Known Member

I'm not normally a fan of these kind of photos (geometrics/arty/shapes/abstract) but this is pretty cool.