1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

Vancouver Weather Anomaly and Police Takedown (Sun Apr 14th)

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Done_rundleCams, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Shot with my Pentax K3 and Tamron 70-200/2.8 lens .... and I'll let you try to sus out which is which :eek: .... :D

Apr14-19-AP-Sun-JSGP6183 copy.jpg Apr14-19-AP-Sun-JSGP6202 copy.jpg Apr14-19-AP-Sun-JSGP6215 copy.jpg Apr14-19-AP-Sun-JSGP6231 copy.jpg Apr14-19-AP-Sun-JSGP6247 copy.jpg Apr14-19-AP-Sun-JSGP6249 copy.jpg Apr14-19-AP-Sun-JSGP6255 copy.jpg Apr14-19-AP-Sun-JSGP6258 copy.jpg

Cheers,

Jack

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Two cracking series, Jack.

S

Done_rundleCams and Catriona like this.
  3. Done_rundleCams

Thanks very much, Steve :)

Cheers,
    Jack

4. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Keep it up Jack. We really don't see enough of your street work these days.

Why is it the world's police are turning to totally black or dark blue paramilitary uniforms? I have a theory that no matter how dirty and scruffy they get it doesn't show up unless you are close. Many Police Officers used to take great pride in their uniforms, but these days they tend to look like scruffy oiks who have slept in their uniforms overnight, many can't even seems to be bothered to clean their shoes/boots.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  5. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

So we can recognise them for what they really are?...;)

Scruffy uniforms are sign of scruffy minds and even scruffier performance...:(:rolleyes:

6. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

When we went from white shirts and ties to the all in black clothing (especially those awful cheap t shirt tops), officers did not like them, despite the fact that they didn't need ironing. We looked like a bag of shit.
    On firearms we wore black combats and nice heavy dark blue cotton shirts. They actually looked smart and needed ironing. They then changed to the same cheap black synthetic black t shirt things. They would smell and looked like shite. Just as I was retiring the firearms officers actually returned to the cotton dark blue shirts. Starting to look smart again.
    When I was on division (in the days of white shirts) I hated my officers not wearing ties unless it was really hot. I tried to insist that they wore them. I was fighting a losing battle. It seemed those higher up the food chain weren't bothered. There appeared to be no standing orders that were enforced. Hair became longer, people started to look scruffy and with it goes the discipline. I hate teaching new recruits now. Lack of discipline, poor attitude. it stinks. When I joined the police in 1987 everyone sad the job was f***ed. Well, I think it really is now.

Mark101 and Done_rundleCams like this.
  7. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Mark :) and, uniforms wise, the VPD, at least, have changed from their light blue uniforms from the early 90's which used to get quite
    grubby back in the day ;) Over here, all the emergency services personal are wearing black :eek:

June14-18-AP-Thurs-JS061420 copy (1) copy.jpg
    cheers,
    Jack

steveandthedogs likes this.
  8. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

We need - Report A Scruffy Policeman site !

9. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

But with hi-viz braces!

Or possibly suspenders as you are on t'other side of the pond...

10. Done_rundleCams

:D :D :D ..... if I find any scruffy looking constabulary, I'll post 'em here, Mark, and PM you ;)

Cheers,

Jack

11. Done_rundleCams

They use the Hi-Viz vests over here, as well, Steve and here's a photo (Feb 2009) of
    the Fire Department

Feb19-09-AP-Thurs-IMGP3520 copy.jpg

;)

Cheers,
    Jack

12. Pontoneer

Pontoneer Well-Known Member

Same in the fire service