1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

URGENT! Re-sizing help needed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Craig20264, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Apologies for the capitals, but needing help, fast. I have been chosen as one of the three winners in the RPS monthly competition. They require a high res version of my image by 9.00am tomorrow morning to make the print deadline for next months Journal. They have requested a 40cm x 40cm image. It is a tad over 27cm's square in it's native form as a TIFF. So I resized it to 40cm's and saved it as a jpeg, but it comes out at 26Mb which my e mail account won't send as it's too large. Is there a work around to get the file size down, without losing the dimensions?

EightBitTony likes this.
  2. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Try sending the full sized file using weTransfer.

3. Craig20264

Thanks Roger. I think I've found a solution. I've resized it to 40cm x 40cm at 240ppi instead of 300ppi. I'm hoping that won't visibly affect quality. Doing that has brought the file down to 19.6Mb, which should now send. Fingers crossed.

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

If not, create a gmail account. No problems with one of those.
    Well done.

Zou and Craig20264 like this.
  5. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I had difficulty sending a large Publisher file from Outlook 2010 through a Virgin Media account. I was wrongfully annoyed at Virgin. Fortunately I tried sending the file from IE directly connected to Virgin Media. It worked. The problem was Outlook 2010. At the receiving end I received the big file through Outlook 2010 with no problem.
    You may be wondering why I sent myself emailed files. There was a good reason: no prizes for guessing but can anyone see why I should do so?

6. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

proof of date and ownership.

7. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Congrats, well done for sorting it, and it's a bit weird they ask for a physical print size, rather than a number of pixels.

8. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Home computer to my account on a system to which I have access as a volunteer. The security software and windows updates on the destination computers are not usually up to date so it is best to send data through their mail server which is kept up to date. As a former SA I would be extremely embarrassed if I was to accidently introduce malware through a usb stick.

9. Craig20264

Yes, I did think that. I ended up sending the full res jpeg at 27cm x 27cm @ 300ppi. (16.9 Mb). I couldn't make out why they wanted it resized to 40 cm. Surely they will size it to what it needs to be to fit on the page.

10. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

So let's see the pic!!

11. Craig20264

Catriona likes this.
  12. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Well done Craig.

Craig20264 likes this.
  13. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Nice! Well done Craig.

Craig20264 likes this.
  14. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Craig20264 likes this.
  15. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Well I'm glad I didn't say it was a load of old polish then ;)

Well done.

Craig20264 likes this.
  16. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Craig ;)

17. Craig20264

Ta everyone. :)