1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

untitled

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by lfc1892, Mar 15, 2019.

1. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Untitled by lfc-1892, on Flickr

again, on a phone so not the best quality and hence the teensy bit of distortion on the LHS.

ok, it's more that a little, as it's a pants lens, but I'm sure I can bang it though ps and sort it

swanseadave, alfbranch, Geren and 3 others like this.
  2. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Just goes to show that it's the man with the eye not the guy with the gear that produces the goods.

Like it very much.

MickLL

PS The overall winner in my club's monthly comp was a phone pic. As I said above all you need is an eye!!

3. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Same here...

Very :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I like that a lot.

5. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Like it too. Nicely seen.

6. lfc1892

Thanks all

7. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Anyone want to have a go at saying why we all like it?
    Don't have time right now but I'd like to have a go later - all part of my learning curve!

MickLL

8. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It is the juxtaposition. I wouldn't see that normally. Neither would I see most of the "untitled" images put into Appraisal - it is a talent for seeing shapes that I lack.

9. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

My take is first the strong geometric pattern hits the eye and gets the image off to a good start. Then the human interest kicks in and I wonder what she's doing there and why in that strange position. Then I might be getting a bit bored but , no, I'm saved by the gradation of colour across the grid and then , what wonder, a Godly beam (reflection of something?) points from one corner to the other and emphasizes the head. Then, further wonder, more reflections to pique our interest even more.
    What's it about? What's going on? So many questions!
    Finally it's well out of the snapshot league. The author has seen something, added his take, cropped and presented it perfectly.

MickLL

PS Candidate for Pseud's corner?? My rambling that is - not the picture!

10. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

But if we are being asked to be hypercritical, it does need the alignment and cropping sorting. There are slivers of light round the edge and I'm not keen on the open right side. Bit crude on my version because of the small file.Top can come down one for me too, but that's just an extra.

[​IMG]

11. lfc1892

Lots of interesting thoughts and takes on the shot guys thanks. Was going to take the shot anyway, but got really lucky with the reflection/beam that happened to pop up for the few minutes I was there