1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

Ubuntu Linux..............why not give it a try!

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by BigWill, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

So just keep you evangelism a little more sensible, eh? ;)

2. liamjames91

liamjames91 Well-Known Member

im off out now with a megaphone to preach the good ubuntu word! :p and did you know dell are/planning to sell desktop pc's preinstalled with linux?? :p :D :)

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Yes, I knew, and no, I didn't care... :D

4. liamjames91

liamjames91 Well-Known Member

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif :mad:

5. martinch

martinch Well-Known Member

Works very nicely on my PC. The "live CD" feature of it is quite nice - gives you a chance to load it into memory to try it before setting it loose onto your hard drive :)

6. Rhys

Rhys Sasquatch

I've had Ubuntu on my desktop for several months now, have only just loaded XP back up so I can connect my D1X and edit pics on it with PS7 and Nikon software (as it has a 60Gb H/D as opposed to the 20Gb H/D on my laptop) I won't be using it for much else.

If you use it just for browsing its brill - computer boots up in no time as well. My computer couldn't find my printer though and one of my disc drives disappeared but apart from that..

..Planet Penguin Racer is the only reason I'd load it back up again!! :D