1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TZ8 playback to TV connection.

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by zokko, Aug 2, 2019.

1. zokko

zokko Member

From the TZ8 manual, it appears that there is no HDMI output on my TZ8. The picture quality on my Samsung TV using the cable provided with the camera is not very good. Is there any way it is possible to improve this at all? Although I have owned the camera for 9 years, I have only recently connected it to the TV for viewing photos. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Dunno. I'd not expect pictures to look as good as on a monitor, as the TV isn't built to display static images but having said that our TV is at least a dozen years old - can't be older as it has a digital tuner.

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

4. zokko

zokko Member

Andrew, thank you for your reply. However, at the bottom of page 148, it states, "TheTZ8 es not have an HDMI socket."
    Andrew, thank you for your reply. However, at the bottom of P148, it states that the TZ8 does not have an HDMI socket, although it does look like one.
    Bit confusing!

5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

The manual is for the TZ8 and the TZ10. I used to have a TZ10 so I'd only looked at that. It looks like you're out of luck on the HDMI front.

6. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Can you transfer the shots to a USB pen stick and connect that to the TV?

7. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Pardon the obvious question but have checked that the video output is set to the correct option? For the UK that should be PAL.

8. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Or does the TV have a card slot?