1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tunnel Vision Photography - London Underground

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Luke A, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Luke A

Luke A Member

I thought that I would share some of the latest photos from my London photography project tubemapper.com, The Tube Mapper London photography project showcases photography taken near and around the London underground, I usually share my 'waiting for trains' pictures, but these are from a different collection this time, I call these 'tunnel vision'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More tunnel vision photos here...
    http://tubemapper.com/tunnel-vision-london-underground/

Thanks for looking :)

TUBEMAPPER.COM
    website | instagram | facebook | twitter| flickr

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I like those a lot. Favourite is #3 followed by #1

3. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Luke,

As you already know, I think this is a truly stunning series. And the pictures are getting EVEN BETTER.

Earlier today I received a Facebook request from someone in Eastern Europe for crowdfunding a book. Of course I looked.There were two or three good pictures but otherwise... umm... . no. Unlike yours, almost all of which I like. Have you considered crowdfunding a book of these pictures?

Cheers,

R.

Geren and peterba like this.
  4. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Very good set with, in my case, number 4 capturing the rush of Tube travel just beautifully.

5. Roger Hicks

Dear Mike,

True, but no. 1 as the finest of fine art -- a picture for the decades or even centuries, purely formally.

Cheers,

R

6. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Great set. Number 4 is fab.

7. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Number 6 is the slow burner that creps into your consciousness.

Adrian

8. Luke A

Luke A Member

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I like all of these. Number #3 is one of my faves as I didn't notice the subtleties of it until long after I took the shot. However number #1 prints exceptionally well.

I have and will probably attempt a book at some point. I'm not sure if I can create enough buzz for this yet. My plan is to attempt a bit of a social media push. If I can see some interest then I may try to push the project.

9. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

With images like these and the others on your site it's got to be worth serious consideration.:)

The two trains in #6... Perfect timing? Or top notch photoshoppery? Brill either way.:cool:

10. Luke A

Luke A Member

Yeah picture 6 was a tricky one. It took about 2 hours to get right. It's a combination of a couple of images, but even then it was hard to get right as people would get in the way. I think I had to go back later to try again. It's funny how long it can take for things to fall into place.

11. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I can only echo what everyone else has said, although I think my favourites are the ones with the very formal compositions - the first three, the fifth, sixth and last really really appeal. I like the ones where you have incorporated people being blurred but less so than those which really are pleasing to see. I think Number three is probably my favourite of them all - shades of Wes Anderson between the colours and the symmetry. Love them!

Roger Hicks likes this.
  12. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

1, 2, 4, 7 & 8 for me.

S

13. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Love the work and wish I could sell you on doing an RPS Associateship with it.....as well as a book. It is a popular subject, but you have done it very well and gone beyond what you see to what;'s in your mind's eye.

Craig20264 likes this.
  14. Roger Hicks

Dear Mike,

Why?

Genuinely curious. The work (as you say) stands very well indeed on its own. What would ARPS add?

Cheers,

R.

15. RovingMike

Nothing whatever to the work. As is the case with every piece of work ever submitted to, or for, anything. Barring a bit of PP, it is as good as it will ever be if left in the camera.

16. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Looks like low hanging fruit to me if it was wished to have the qualification.

17. Roger Hicks

Dear Mike,

That is self-evident. The question, you must surely have realized, was the nature of the benefit to the photographer.

Cheers,

R.

18. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

And surely that answer is, it depends on the photographer, it's their choice.

RovingMike likes this.
  19. RovingMike

Which is also self-evident.

20. RovingMike

One would assume so given a bit of standardisation of styles and content. Challenge might be it is such a popular subject, but academic if the author is not minded that way.