1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too hot

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dorset_Mike, Jun 29, 2018.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Not had trifles, but gone through loads of ice creams (Aldi and Lidls versions of Magnum style lollies are very good). Bored of BBQ's now and like you we are eating a lot of cold meats and salad. Went to M&S the other day. Got a selection of cooked cold fish 3 for £10. They were nice, and quite good value.

ascu75 likes this.
  2. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I never partook of any of the beverages served at the Two Halves or any other hosteleries in the area. The Two Halves win the Thanet CAMRA awards for 2018 but may visit this week as soon home from Qatar for holiday.
    Don

3. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I find that a hot home made curry with a bottle of Alsace (Pinot Gris is usually less sweet and cheaper than Traminer) is a good way to deal with the heat provided one rehydrates with lots of weak tea first. The hot weather has brought on my greenhouse chillis nicely. They are not yet at their best.

4. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I'm still praying for rain. The weather in London is pretty unbearable and in the evenings my flat turns into an oven and the "Bells" is closed for 3 weeks due to a burst water main and the resulting flooding meaning they have to rewire and replace the cellar

5. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

I'm seeing a weather warning for the London / south east for thunderstorms.
    On holiday in Dorset ATM.

LesleySM likes this.
  6. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Been really heavy here today. There has been a bit of rain, but on the whole we are all going around holding our heads and moaning.
    Could do with a thunderstorm and a good stiff breeze!