1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Doug Harman

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by Clive, Apr 20, 2001.

1. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Hello Doug
    Seen your posting re the new site next week - it certainly is a bit slow at times. A Request:- Would it be possible to have a click-on link to the AP Members' Gallery on the new site as it seems only the few manage to get there in the end? Or, perhaps somewhere where people could leave their e-mail addresses so they could be sent an 'invitation' to view the site directly as this facility already exists.
    Thanks in anticipation & good onya for a great site
    Clive Rowley

2. josie

josie Well-Known Member

I'll second that!
    A click-on Link to the AP Gallery site might also inject a bit more life into it!

3. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Inject a bit more life! Listen, all you have to do is let them know there is a picture of BigWill up there and the girls will come flocking to see it! What more encouragment would they need! After all they are only human!
    Big(form an orderly que now girls)Will

4. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

que sera sera

5. DHarman

DHarman Well-Known Member

Just a couple of points here:

1/ We've changed to a new server - it's not the 'new site', the new site is still in the making so please hang in there.

2/ The gallery as it exists has been set up by members of these forums to get some images out there largely because the Holding Page (all these forums and boards) does not have the functionality for a gallery. However, the 'new' site will have a gallery section.

The move to a new server is part of the planning and set up for the new site and all we can do for now is be patient. And yes, I know it's been a darn long wait already but it's getting there.

Regards to all,

Doug Harman: Web Editor

6. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Well, Doug, I'm sure everyone here is very grateful for all your efforts and the new site sounds exciting. The forum has been extremely useful and informative so far and thankfully with a bit of fun as well. My only thought is whether, despite having a subscription to AP for some years, I would ever have found it had I not typed in www.amateurphotography.com on the off chance of finding something one night. Publicity for the site is a bit small in AP, even for my reading glasses.
    Keep up the good work!
    Clive

7. DHarman

DHarman Well-Known Member

Hi Clive, I know the 'branding' for the holding page is small in the magazine and will remain so until we go live with the main site. We didin't want to make too much noise about the holding page because we didn't want to give everyone the impression this holding page IS the real site.

However, I note the point about a live link to the gallery and I'll look into it, but...

We're in the process of building a gallery as part of my site and I'm unsure about putting a live link out. I'll ponder on it.

Regards

Doug Harman: Web Editor