1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all those in Ophelia's wake.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Footloose, Oct 16, 2017.

1. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

15:56.... Birch tree starting to flail and bend...I can hear the wind and house is making noises....dog has noticed.

Graeme

2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

3. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Sorry, I really should have mentioned it in one of my posts! I'm in Ramsbottom in Lancashire at the moment.

Cheers, Jeff

4. Fishboy

That's really quite hypnotic.

Cheers, Jeff, Rambottom, Lancashire.

5. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Geren likes this.
  6. Fishboy

7. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Some rain would be welcome to wash this Sahara dust out of the air.
    MO says clear tonight but with all this clag it might as well not be.
    Want to get some more imaging data but not through this junk. Last night was "clear" but only the brightest stars were visible.

8. steveandthedogs

Isn't it?

S

9. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

In Milton Keynes, the sky has now changed to a familiar cloudy bright, with very little hint of the reddish tint I photographed earlier. (Actually, it was quite tricky to record - my best result was of my grassed driveway where the reddish tint (using Daylight Sun WB) showed well on normally "neutral" concrete.)

10. steveandthedogs

44mph and gusts.

OK, it's a bit breezy.

Sunny and fluffy clouds until about 10" ago, just started to rain as I got in.

S

11. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

17:10 windier, colder and darker. But then again its nearly night time!

Graeme

12. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Isn't that better than usual for Ynys Mon? Leastaways, it isn't pithing it down.

I left work today (the dread Didcot) early feeling shite and spent half an hour at the bus stop trying to work out if the light was weird or if I had hepatitis - it was that sort of sickly yellow-orange, like looking through Donald Trump's skin. Eventually the sun showed as a brooding red disc, very dramatic.

It's breezy here, which makes me wonder how bad it is in Ireland right now - hope my Dublin namesake is well anchored!

Adrian

13. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

What a horrible thought.

14. gray1720

That is a mean and nasty edit! :p

Adrian

15. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Haha it wasn't on purpose hence the re edit. I didn't notice the "I" at first

16. gray1720

Phew, that made me look even more twisted than I actually am!

Adrian

17. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Wind's only a nice breeze here now and has actually cleared some of the clag out of the air.
    Getting some oxygen data to add to the hydrogen and nitrogen I got yesterday.

18. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

20:50 Prolonged powerful gusts... not a full-blown hoolie yet. The dug was loving it until the rain came on.

Graeme

19. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

In Belfast. There wasn't much in the way of rain. It was more like a mist. Pretty blowy but it seems to have died down now. Schools all closed today and for some reason, tomorrow.

Catriona likes this.
  20. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Helensburgh. Not yet high tide butbClyde coming over into road already. Strong gusts. Very noisy