1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To all those in Ophelia's wake.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Footloose, Oct 16, 2017.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Well, it's started for me in Cheshire. Hope it doesn't affect my NCB.

leaf.jpg

Edit... It's getting serious now

leaf2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

About 30mph with stronger gusts. We're supposed to be on Amber alert.

Not much different from a normal autumn/winter really.

S

edit: Anglesey

3. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Ramsbottom - 14;52

Just been outside for a cigarette. Wind gusting quite strongly. Unable to accurately estimate the wind speed, but can say that it blew a leaf at me that hit my lug-hole so hard that it brought tears to my eyes.

Cheers, Jeff

Catriona likes this.
  4. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

Birmingham sunny with just a bit of windy gusts.....my granddaughter in West Ireland said its bad there with her panel fence now gone and they have been told that the electricity will soon be off and to stock up with candles...where do they get them from they live in a village with no shops, they do have 2 pubs though!......time now 3pm

5. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

London 14.57

It's darker than it should be for the time of day and thunder can be heard in the distance and the wind is getting up now

6. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Oooh-er. It's gone all dark and funny coloured round here - a bit yellowy-grey.
    And the wind is starting to get up - I can hear the old TV ariel banging against the wall.
    Time to batten down the hatches, methinks...

7. LesleySM

I bet the pub has candles- well that's as good an excuse as any. I am expecting there to be storms later so I can get trapped in the pub!

8. IvorCamera

Dont tell me about the four candle (forkhandles) crack please....

9. LesleySM

London 3.15

Sky completely grey but there is a definite orange cast and the wind is really getting up, Outside my office window, there is a courtyard for patients on ward and their families to use and a couple of iron chairs are shifting

10. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

The last time I remember seeing the sky this colour was in Dallas, Texas shortly before a major storm which seriously tested the huge gullies. That was in ~1975, and I recorded the colours on Kodachrome - no worries then about leaving my SLR on WB Auto!

11. Fishboy

Nikon UK has just made the suggestion on their Twitter account that you can compensate for the eerie yellow sky by setting your white balance to 'tungsten' - I can't help but think they're missing the point a little bit.

Cheers, Jeff

Geren likes this.
  12. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

!5:26. The birch tree is starting to swing and leaves are flying off.... but there are nice bright gaps in the cloud cover..sunny just now.

Graeme

13. LesleySM

I cannot describe the light here now and I don't have a camera with me. But it's curiously dark yet orange at the same time

14. IvorCamera

The next thing Nikon might suggest is to tie a knot in the neck strap so the camera dont blow away off your neck.....

15. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

16. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

3.33 London very weird orange sky with grey round the edges. Wind's been picking up and gusting a bit.
    I'd be expecting rain but MO says not.

17. LesleySM

If MO says no I'd take an umbrella!

18. Fishboy

If you were up here you wouldn't want to step outside with an umbrella - the next time your feet touched the ground you'd be outside Kate's front door!

Cheers, Jeff

19. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Helensburgh. 15.54 Blue sky, white fluffy clouds. Go figure.

20. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Sorry, Jeff, but I've no idea where your "up here" is - and it matters on this particular thread..