1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips for a weekend in the Lake District

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by PoisonJam, Feb 1, 2017.

1. PoisonJam

PoisonJam New Member

Hey everyone, I've got a weekend visit coming up in the Lake District (staying in Kendal) and I'm looking for advice good photography spots. I'll have the car and I'm prepared to do a bit of hiking, so hopefully most locations shouldn't be a problem.

I should be able to make the most of 3 sunsets and 2 sunrises if the weather is kind to me! :)

2. Bandersnatch

Bandersnatch Member

Surprise View.jpg

Good photographic spots in the Lake District of a weekend? I could write a photographic book about that one. Anyway. As you're a hiker, try for Blea Tarn, near the Langdale Pikes. From Keswick, take the road up over Ashness Bridge and the Surprise View to Watendlath Tarn and the little Hamlet there.

No visit to the Lake District would be complete without a visit to Buttermere and Wastwater. If you want a more relaxing weekend, try Cartmel and it's Priory (you'll need a permit to use a tripod to photograph the interior). Alternatively, spend time at Coniston Water, Hawkshead and Grasmere.

After that, there's Ullswater and Aira Force - the second largest waterfall in the district.

Enjoy your weekend.

3. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Anywhere mentioned by Wainwright.
    Edit. I have just noticed that this is an old post. Never mind The autumn colour is even better than early spring.

PhotoEcosse likes this.