1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time to come home?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Andrew Flannigan, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

True , but if you lose it then voices would be raised about previous rights.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  2. saxacat

saxacat Well-Known Member

From what I read in some of the media, many seem to think the Government are on dodgy ground trying to remove her UK citizenship; I wonder if they are picking this fight in the hope it brings in the ECHR. The Maybot has never hidden the fact she wants to leave the ECHR, this may be their way of whipping up some anti-ECHR hysteria, and using it to justify leaving the Convention!

peterba, Zou and Roger Hicks like this.
  3. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Indeed... or even, an Old-Etonian in Downing Street.

Roger Hicks and Catriona like this.
  4. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

The rights and wrongs of removing her citizenship will rumble through the Courts for some years.
    However....
    Watching her on TV, and listening to what she has said,
    gives me the the impression that she is an intelligent and very dangerous young lady.
    and one who is very firm in the belief that the actions of Isis were "Justified"
    I suspect that these views will now be confirmed and strengthened.
    I also suspect that wherever she ends up, she will take on a leadership role,
    strengthened by her notoriety and the publicity and credence that the British Government have given her.
    It would have been safer for us everyone else to have brought her home to face justice here.

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Poor me she cries

Roger Hicks likes this.
  6. Mark101

It may actually contravene the UN Human Rights Act on Stateless Persons basis and removal of those rights. Yes it perhaps could be covered by ECHR, but the European Courts are outside of the EU and what is more it's based on British Law as formulated and overseen by a Conservative Sir David Maxwell-Fyfe and has 47 countries subscribing currently, so leaving the ECHR would do little, except remove one body of appeal and make the UK look stupid. This is why the Conservatives have pulled back on the ECHR issue.

peterba and Roger Hicks like this.
  7. Mark101

I have no sympathy for this woman at all, but if she doesn't have any right to citizenship with another state then Mr Main Chancer big head Javid I've got my eye on the big chair, will find himself in court for falling foul of the UN Charter and it wont be the first time a posturing Home Secretary has been taken to court and lost.

peterba and Roger Hicks like this.
  8. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I thought these drones could swat a fly from 20,000ft. Why are we even asking if we have to take her back? She is an enemy.

Jack D3200 likes this.
  9. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

This 'status' has already been achieved... during the past 2½ years. :(

10. Mark101

Actually I recall her stating that ISIS weren't strict enough :eek:

Roger Hicks likes this.
  11. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Bangla Desh is apparently refusing to accept her.......................and the behaviour of the Home Office is obviously not going to soften her radical views.

Lynn

Roger Hicks likes this.
  12. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

She has declared herself as such and it seems reasonable that she be left to sleep on the bed she's made. Unfortunately there are too many people who will see her as a victim of our evil system. :rolleyes:

13. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I suspect that the real victims of the activities of her former (?) friends are all dead.

steveandthedogs and Roger Hicks like this.
  14. proseak

proseak Well-Known Member

I would allow her back... to face interrogation, I mean questioning.

Followed by a long jail-term.

15. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Where she would be let out after half the time, but not before she had radicalised another dozen. Sorry, but these people are a virus.

16. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

This incident has made me think of how I was at 15 years old when I left home.
    My reasons were many, but none of them included how it would affect the rest of my life. That was a concept too far.
    I wonder if at the time she saw no more than a few days or weeks ahead and did not see how irrevocably it would change her life.

We don't know what went on in her home. We don't know what went on at her school or in her community. We don't know who she was talking to or how she was influenced.
    It is the sum of a whole lot of variables which led her to this stage. She wasn't an adult then and she isn't one now. She is damaged.

I do feel the reason her citizenship has been taken away is more a political reaction than one where she is seen as a potential risk to this country.
    We would be better to take note of what happens in our country to young impressionable children instead of ignoring things and only reacting when someone carries out some act and comes to our notice.

17. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Yikes.

18. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

It appears that one thing only has made her want to return to the UK during her four years away.
    Having a child.
    Never heard her wanting to return during the previous three...

19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Funny how perspectives change as you grow up.

peterba and Catriona like this.
  20. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I would only agree if you want to pay for her upkeep... the cost to the taxpayers of her long jail term and support of her child could be much better invested in the NHS.