1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This week's AP

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Grierson, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Grierson

Grierson Well-Known Member

Nice to see Nigel expressing sadness over the 'printing article that did not live up to what was promised'. Very few people these days seem prepared to admit that they got it wrong!

BTW. What on earth is a 'content professional and camera/technology influencer' which we are told is Mr Devo's day job?

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

It seems to be what used to be known as a copy writer and salesman. Silly title which makes me wonder how good he is at whatever he does.

3. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Well, if he thought up his own job-title, he's obviously got imagination and/or a sense of humour. ;)

4. Nigel_Atherton

Nigel_Atherton Group Editor

Jon is great at his job actually, which for the last few months has been managing the AP website. He was probably being a bit tongue in cheek with his job title, but he is also a freelance writer and social media marketeer, so he has many hats. Literally as well as figuratively. 'Content' is the latest industry jargon for what used to be called articles. But since 'content' now takes, and appears in, many forms (print, online, social, video) this horrible word has become ubiquitous. Some Editors are now called 'Content Directors'. Its a job title I would resist if I have any say in the matter.

5. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Ah, but how many can he wear at once?

The record appears to be 33. :eek:

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Doesn't that depend on the size of the supporting object?

Sony HX90 8GB 01 DSC01092.JPG

7. Nigel_Atherton

Nigel_Atherton Group Editor

lol. Here's Jon in one of his hats. With a couple of lenses.

15129506_10154579731461136_5576053165827137137_o-300x300.jpg

Geren and Craig20264 like this.
  8. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Not a Nikon in sight, a man after my own taste!

Content Director, dreadful term. Do they have assistant/deputy/sub content directors?

9. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

All those Canons - now there's a man who's never heard the sound of a door blowing shut...!

Cheers, Jeff

10. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Ah - that explains where the Nikon is!

11. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Damn your eyes, sir!

Cheers, Jeff

12. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Nah, they used the Nikon to take the picture. Well, it was still working...

;)