1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This leaves me in pain

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by EightBitTony, Jul 20, 2019.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

20190720-7D2-6L3A5503_x1024_hq.jpg

2. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

A comment on a currently fashionable addiction, although it is just a variation on an older one?
    There has always been a profit to be supplying somebody else's 'needs'.

Or is the title a play on words because of the reflections in the window?

Many of us visit photographic shops to see secondhand kit: perhaps visitors to this shop go for the secondhand vapours.

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Vaping does? Or possible misuse of the eco claim?

I'm fairly sure there is a code somewhere that regulates use of eco as a term. I thought it was in Defra http://www.ukcpi.org/_Assets/custom-docs/publications/pb13453-green-claims-guidance.pdf (which I ought to know by heart as I worked with them many months on the 2009 update). Or maybe it's the EU code, or ICC (which I was in the team revising around that time too). Memory is going.

4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I approve of this vapoury. If one is standing near me the worst they can do is cover me in harmless steam instead of making my clothes stink and sharing their carcinogens with me.

Panasonic G9 8GB 06 P1011111.JPG

5. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

6. EightBitTony

None of that.

Just the use of the word BROUGHT.

beatnik69, spinno and daft_biker like this.
  7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

presumably it isn't steam, that would be non-visible and lethal, but water vapour - a perfect means of transferring whatever lung infection they are suffering from to whoever should breathe it in.

8. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

If it is in Nottingham someone will have learned them to say that....as in can you learn me how to ride a bike:rolleyes:

9. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

You did notice that I took the shot with a long focus lens? :p

10. EightBitTony

Yup, that one kills me too. But Brought vs Bought is something from my childhood, much further north than Nottingham. Really winds me up.