1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Relic Challenge

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by gray1720, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Well, I wouldn't want to call a 'he' a 'she' or vice versa, so 'it' seemed the least offensive option!

Please pass on my apologies to the slighted canine in question.

Cheers, Jeff

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

What I'm trying to get across is how do you know which one of us is which?

S

3. steveandthedogs

Erm,

four. Well, it had a Compur Rapid and "shutter not working" and going for peanuts, so I couldn't really leave it, could I?

S

ps it works fine!

4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Can't take you anywhere!

Adrian

steveandthedogs likes this.
  5. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

6. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Went to London with my 'Gift' MINOLTA X-700 loaded with outdated 'Lloyds Pharmacy ' ( AGFA) 200 film i rated at 160 ASA -- I had previously tested another cassette about a year ago with a Pentax SF-7 and rated it at 100ASA and processed it myself and negs were very dense so gave THIS one to 'Boots' of Brentwood High Street and their C41 process was very good and negs were better at 160 ASA even though film was so old. I show a couple of snaps taken on Horse Guards London. One with the MC Tele-Rokkor-QF 200mm f3.5 and onw with MD 50mm f1.7
    [​IMG]The 'Blues' ( Queen's Horse Guards) by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Confrontation by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Scphoto and steveandthedogs like this.
  7. gray1720

With those muted colours and mad reds, they could almost be K14 Kodachrome.

Adrian

8. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

9. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Gave my lovely 1955 MINOLTA Autocord an outing to Blackmore Village about 7 miles from Brentwood -- as usual. as soon as I arrived it clouded over and started to spit with RAIN ! I had loaded one of the last 120 rolls of 1993 dated ORWO NP22 film which I had bought in bulk before the ORWO factory went broke and processed in in liquid Promicrol 1+14 for 12 minutes.
    This famous old Pub 'The Bull' has gone broke and closed down
    [​IMG]Blackmore Pub, Essex by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Blackmore Cottage, Essex by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    Done a few WEDDINGS here at St Lawrence Church and a FUNERAL !!
    [​IMG]Blackmore Church, Essex by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

10. steveandthedogs

11. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

At last i finished up a 2011 dated Kodak Colorplus 200 in my latest 'Gift' camera , the 1971 CHINON TTL 'Prinzflex' and had it processed and prints to 6x4 by Bill at Brentwood BOOTS branch -- excellent prints. After renovating camera I checked battery and found it was 'out' compared with a Weston Master V -- i had to set 400 ASA on camera to get it to agree with Weston set to 160 ASA for the film. I got good exposures, using various M42 fit lenses and scanned the Prints with an HP Scanjet 4570c flatbed + Vuescan Pro + FastStone Image Viewer to resize and slightly adjust for contrast and colour.
    55mm f1.4 'Auto-Reflex lens at f5.6 -- YES Folks it's ME + Camera Club member Linda at Club Garden Party !
    [​IMG]1971 CHINON TTL Prinzflex tests by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    135mm Carl Zeiss Jena lens at f5.6
    55mm f1.4 'Auto-Reflex' lens at f5.6 and 1/1000th second

55mm f1.4 'Auto-Reflex' lens in Sainsburys at f2.8 auto exposure

Russian Jupiter MC 85mm f2 lens at f5.6 and 1/1000th second

12. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Well those Chinon standard lenses always were rather good, but I'm staggered that that Jupiter shot could have come straight out of my copy of Technical and Optical Equipment's "New Horizons in Sight and Sound" book from the late 70s - TOE were the importers of Russian cameras and radios, and New Horizons was kind of a cross between a fancy sales pamphlet and an instruction manual. That the look from the lens is the same is no surprise; that the colour is the same, though, I find amazing.

13. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

I got that Russian Jupiter for £1 at our Camera Club annual Auction ! Now the Auctions are finished as nobody wants to sell their All-Singing-All-Dancing DIGITAL stuff !
    I have used it on Digital as well as Film -- focus is stiff -- Russian grease left over from Tank Battle of Kursk no doubt ----

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

1. Well that's some bargain. I do have one in a Kiev/Contax bayonet for my Kiev 4, and another one in a different bayonet for my weirdo Kiev 10 and 15, but I've never used that one in anger, and I've not used the Kiev 4 in years. Must dust it off.

15. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

I found a couple of trannies never scanned taken on my Pentax 6x7 M/U bought 18/11/1980 -- is it now a 'Relic'? The FILM is a Relic !!
    Ellis Cottages, Ektachrome ER, 105mm f2.4 SMC Takumar
    [​IMG]Ellis Cottages Stock by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    East Hanningfield Church, AGFACOLOR CT18, 75mm f4.5 SMC Pentax 'Shift' lens

[​IMG]East Hanningfield Church by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

16. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

CT18! Now you're taking me back! I liked that film, and CT21. Pleasing colours for the time, much more to my taste than Kodachrome.

17. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

I gave my OLYMPUS OM-1 MD and OM-10 an outing. I Loaded a short length of 1991 dated AGFAPAN 25 in the OM-1 MD and Fuji Velvia of Unknown Age in the OM-10, rating it at 32 ASA. I had to change the BATTERY of OM-1 MD half-way through after getting strange exposure readouts and testing with old Weston Master V. -- Well I processed 8 frames only in cassette of Agfapan 25 in RODINAL 1+50 for 10.5 mins @ 20oC as I thought it needed a bit longer from first tests . Velvia not used up yet. I show a few snaps from AGFAPAN 25 ---
    Door of Brentwood Catholic Cathedral ( Old Part) -- good for 'testing' --- Zuiko Auto-Zoom 75-150mm f4 lens at f5.6

[​IMG]AgfaPan 25 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Window Cleaner in Park Road, Brentwood -- G.Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f1.4 at f2.8
    [​IMG]AgfaPan 25 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Old Couple walk in St Thomas of Canterbury Churchyard --- G.Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f1.4 at f2.8
    [​IMG]AgfaPan 25 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Small part of neg scanned as I was across the Road with the G.Zuiko - Auto-W 28mm f3.5 lens fitted

[​IMG]AgfaPan 25 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

18. gray1720

Well, it's about time I posted something on my own thread! I took my Nikkormat ELW to Cropredy, and took a few piccies. Despite me working out how the meter actually worked and deciding to use it... forgetting it was set to 400 and the film was 200... they've mostly turned out OK especially for scans of High Street prints.

You may wonder why there's a photo of the queues for the lavs. Just look carefully at the gender of the queuees!

Here's the Nikkormat with it's stablemate: [​IMG]Show us your Nikkors! by gray1720, on Flickr

[​IMG]That festival experience by gray1720, on Flickr

[​IMG]That festival experience by gray1720, on Flickr

[​IMG]Q 4 a p by gray1720, on Flickr

[​IMG]Wolseley 4/44 by gray1720, on Flickr

[​IMG]Wolseley 4/44 by gray1720, on Flickr

Adrian

El_Sid and steveandthedogs like this.
  19. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Continuing my Forays with the 'Loaned' Olympus OM-4Ti gear -- I found an even OLDER Agfapan 25 in Fridge dated 07/1990 -- well, seeing how the 1991 came out I tried it at 25 ASA and this time tried my 'Home-Made ' ID11 1=3 dilution for a change -- did some research but could find only 'APX 25' NOT the older emulsion. It said 18 mins for APX 25 but i gave it 15 mins @20oC and although a few negs were 'thin' they scanned well .. I CUT the film and processed 8 frames. Next time I will try 17 mins .
    Radio-Active Zuiko MC 35mm f2 lens -- 'yellowed' but it acts like a filter for B&W photos !
    [​IMG]AgfaPan 25 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]AgfaPan 25 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    Zuiko MC Auto-T 200mm f4 lens-- struggled a bit with 25 ASA fillum for 'Action Photos' BUT we USED to use Kodachrome 25 didn't we ?
    [​IMG]AgfaPan 25 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

20. gray1720

Sinked the roll I shot in my Voigtlander Brillant last night - for those not in the know, this is the Daddy of the Lubitel, a Bakelite pseudo-TLR.

[​IMG]Voigtlander Brillant (no second "I") by gray1720, on Flickr

Photos variously from Stowe and a sports pavilion in Lent Nijmegen.

Adrian

Attached Files: