1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

The Relic Challenge

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by gray1720, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

(Continued from previous page, Pentax P30.) Another water related image, the drains are cleared, probably in preparation for the heavy rains which have flooded many parts of the UK:

[​IMG]

And a motoring pair of pictures, from an event which happened on the Brayford side in Lincoln.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I spotted this in one of the doorways sometimes used by homeless of the area as shelter. I really hope that the reason this packet of 16 Ibuprofen was here was because of a headache rather than because of despair. I did not check the contents to see if all were gone or not.

[​IMG]

And the last image:

Behind this veil is a high street bank. When i looked up and saw this it reminded me of the Monty Python sketch in the film The Meaning Of Life, called The Crimson Permanent Assurance. As such, and considering all the recent occurrences in the financial world, "The Crimson Permanent Assurance" is the title of this picture:

[​IMG]

So, those are my images from the P30n, a camera from before the turn of the century. That may be the last camera i use in this challenge, unless i find a bargain special somewhere.

So come on everyone, get those relics working and submit some pictures to this thread. It doesn't have to be from a hundred years ago, it doesn't have to be wacky, it just has to be film and something you'd find interesting having a go getting working, so get those pictures in.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  2. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Ok, Ok I am doing my best but I need to wait for the film to be processed. IF (big if) they come out I will post some images of King's College Chapel tomorrow, taken with my OM10. I enjoyed using it but I did miss the weatherproofing and histogram of my modern Oly. If the exercise is not a total failure I will take the Agfa to the seaside next weekend and try to get some moody images for conversion to B&W

Roger

3. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

I managed seven photographs with the Rollei Automat on Sunday, not as much as I had wanted, the leisurely bike ride I had planned turned into a bit of a mud-fest :)

4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

If your Silette has the Agnar lens, I'd be sorely tempted to run a roll of colour through - it's not a particularly sharp lens, nor are the colours particularly bright, but the softness and muted colours ooze elderly character.

Adrian

(you could do both, which would be even better. If it would just give me a few minutes of sun, I have half a dozen films to finish!)

5. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Excellent stuff, looking forward to seeing whatever results you get :)

6. gray1720

Gah, feck! The sun is out and where is the camera... at ruddy home!

Adrain

7. RogerMac

I have got them back from the processor and I am pleased with the results. The Chapel interior are marginal (to say the least) overall I like them very much

First the camera I used was an OM10 that cost me 15 Swiss francs at a "flea market" in Zurich a few months ago, including a f2.8 35mm Tokina lens:
    [​IMG]

and here are some of the results. I adjusted levels on almost all of them, straightened several (no built in levels on these relics) and cloned out a scratch on one, but left it in on the others:

The Senate house:
    [​IMG]

Kings Parade:[​IMG]
    Chapel interior(1)
    [​IMG]

Interior (2)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  8. RogerMac

Post continued:

Exterior
    [​IMG]

(2)
    [​IMG]

Two views of a dangerously high river
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roger

9. RogerMac

SWIMBO said that I ought to include this grab shot
    [​IMG]

And finally a shameless plug for the shop that sells the best Chelsea buns ever
    [​IMG]

Roger

10. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Excellent stuff there Roger, a pleasure to see the results from yourself and the OM :)

11. gray1720

I see what you mean about the scratch - whatever it is doing it needs seeing too!

Now, I can see why you took a photo of Fitzbillies (the only place I know that can out-sugar my nephews!), but no piccy of Campkins window in Rose Crescent?...:confused: OK, I'm a camera geek, I know, but I love ogling that window.

I'm so glad I'm not the only person with Photographers List - without the gridlines, it all goes horribly Pete Tong - try this for size:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gray1720/7496988360/

If you think that was just about passable... http://www.flickr.com/photos/gray1720/7496987226/in/photostream/
    (actually, my Travelling Trip 35 photos must count now - I'll have to get them properly into the thread rather than as links!)

Adrian

12. RogerMac

Is this what yo wanted?
    [​IMG]

Roger

13. gray1720

Nope, the other shop in Rose Crescent - other side of the marketplace, underneath the pirate on the balcony.

Adrian

14. RogerMac

Sorry not got one of those

Roger

15. gray1720

You'll just have to go back, then, and take one, won't you? :p

Adrian

16. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

They used to have a shop in Swiss Cottage, I think my first Contax 28mm f/2.8 came from there. I have just checked their web site, I thought that the used prices were a tad optimistic then I noticed the VAT was quoted at 17.5% perhaps that is a relic too. :)

17. taxor

taxor Well-Known Member

Boats on the Bay http://www.flickr.com/photos/42689502@N08/7592017140/in/photostream A tea-toned cyanotype (albeit from a digital negative from my D700!). Exposure about 2 hours in dull overcast conditions. On (pretty) cheap Langton canvas. Short bleach in Domestos followed by a long wash and then 1/2 an hour in very strong tea.

18. gray1720

Blimey! If you hadn't told me, I'd have thought that it was a charcoal sketch!

Right... big 'speriment here, can I load an 800pixie image off Flickr?

[​IMG]
    TT Kirkwall sunset by gray1720, on Flickr

Yes, I think that's OK size wise! This is one of my photos taken with an Olympus Trip 35 that's currently touring the world in the hands of members of a Flickr group - I took it to Orkney and Shetland, and this is Kirkwall harbour at sunset.

Adrian

19. gray1720

20. RogerMac

Probably not till September I am afraid. If I get a chance I will post one then (unless of course somebody beats me to it)

Till then I have several old cameras to work through - a Canonet G3 QL17, a Canonet DateMatic, that Silette (Apotar lens) and a Nikon L35AF. Two of which I have never used since I inherited them. Does anyone have any advice as to which order to do them in? I will not necessarily take the advice but it would be interesting

Roger