1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Relic Challenge

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by gray1720, Apr 20, 2012.

1. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Gave me a smile. .. :)

2. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

It was 'Expired Film Day' on March 15th so i rushed out into Brentwood with my lovely 1956 Agfa Isolette III + 75mm f3.5 Solinar loaded with some 1998 outdated Ilford HP5 that had been in Camera since December 2016 and I finished up the last few frames and processed in my 'Home-Made' Microphen Formula 1+1 for 11.5 mins @ 20oc and got some good negs !
    [​IMG]Bike Rack by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

[​IMG]Letter A by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]M&S by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

[​IMG]Ruins 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

[​IMG]White Buildings by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Wooden Face by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Fishboy and steveandthedogs like this.
  3. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

I gave my 1975 era KONICA Auto-Reflex TC an outing that I took over from my Boy who was given it and never uses it now. Film was 10/2004 Dated Ilford Delta 100 which I processedin my Home-made Microphen 1+1 for 9 mins @ 20oC
    Hexanon AR 28mm f3.5 @ f5.6
    [​IMG]Konica Auto-Reflex TC in London by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    as above
    Lens as above -- I waited for him to 'skateboard' but no luck !

Trafalgar Square: Hexar AR 200mm f4 @ f5.6

4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Cat and dog with a Franka Solida:

Sam-web.jpg Sam [Vimes - called that by my neighbour!] hole-web.jpg Cat-shaped hole in space

Gel-web.jpg playful dogs

S

5. steveandthedogs

And one from a Kodak No 3 H and Fomapan:

graves-web.jpg

That grave, again!

S

6. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Went to Blackmore Village about 7 miles from Brentwood and used up some 2002 dated Fuji RMS in my lovely 1956 Agfa Isolette III + 75mm f3.5 Solinar lens.
    I rated film at 64 ASA with my 1960's Weston Master V and tried 1/50 at small apertures to get good depth of field and must have held camera well as they are sharp under x6 magnifier!
    [​IMG]Blackmore 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Blackmore 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

steveandthedogs likes this.
  7. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Lovely Pete,as are your earlier BW shots.
    I enjoy looking at your work but rarely comment.

8. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave -- i was getting worried that 'no-body loved me anymore' ----

9. steveandthedogs

We all love you, Pete!

S

10. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

we're all speechless at the quality...

11. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

12. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Lovely stuff, Pete! I'd be on here more, but I've so little time with working long hours and commuting on top of that that I hardly get time for photography!

Adrian

13. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Adrian -- you;re lucky you are not a 'Professional Photographer' or you would be out of work ! That is why I have more time to upload and go out with Old Cameras -- Gainfully un-employed now but of course I SHOULD be retired now as an 'Old Bloke'

14. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Now there's some familiar scenery...:) I see Victory is still a bit lacking in masts though. You seem to have been fortunate in not having it heavily obscured by hordes of tourists too - when did you come down?

I must go down to Gunwharf Quay, I've yet to get a shot of the pointy thing in it's new colours...:D

That Agfa looks to have a cracking lens for it's day.

15. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Hallo Mr Sid ! well -- I went late MARCH with 'Readers' Travel' coach trip -- organised by a company attached to the Evening Echo Newspaper Group in Basildon 48 quid all in - travel there and back to Brentwood High Street and a special all-included day pass to the Dockyard. i think i have shown some of my B&W photos taken on the OM-2n I 'took over' from my Boy who never uses it now.

16. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

I have been testing one of my 2 'Gift' British 'Ensign Selfix Model 1' cameras. I was in Berlin in 1957 in the Army and I had a Selfix Model II then -- so i want to take photos from the SAME ANGLE in 2017 as i did in 1957 -- just to see if the Bullet Holes have been repaired ! I also was testing a batch pf Fuji Hunt C41 bleach I mixed up so I used a C41 film -- 2007 dated Ilford XP2 Super and it came out well. As the LIGHT was fairly good I could use apertures from f14 to f18 at the 1/300th shutter speed which I metered as 1/200th to allow for inaccuracy
    [​IMG]Selfix Test 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    Here I didn't clear the cast properly to grey --
    [​IMG]Selfix Test 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Selfix Test 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    [​IMG]Selfix Test 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

17. steveandthedogs

Nice series Pete.
    Wish my Ensigns were more usable than they are - worn body parts.

S

18. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I have that problem... but not with my cameras though....:D

steveandthedogs likes this.
  19. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

I am back from BERLIN -- I managed to visit some of my views from 60 years ago (1957) and used my Ensign Selfix 16/20 Model 1 loaded with 2007 dated Ilford XP2 400 Super and processed it up . ----- It was difficult getting the exact same angle as all the trees have grown up since I was there --- the Russians blasted all the trees in the Tiergarten and Berliners cut them down for fuel.
    Brandenburg Gate 1957 ---
    Brandenburg Gate 1956.jpg
    Brandenburg Gate 2017 --- a big traffic roundabout now
    Selfix 001.jpg
    Russian War Memorial 1957 -- note small TREES on left by Tank
    Russian War Memorial in Brit Sector 1956 01.jpg
    Russian War Memorial 2017 -- Trees grown up so much i had to go more to RIGHT as Statue was being obscured
    Russian 600 01.jpg
    Russian War memorial in Brit Sector 1956 03.jpg
    2017 - not quite same side ----
    Russian 600 02.jpg
    Kaiser Wilhelm Church 1957
    Kurfurstendam Colour.jpg
    Kaiser Wilhem Church 2017 -- trees so large now and buildings all so different in West Berlin couldn't find same angle as 1957
    Selfix 04.jpg

20. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

These are great Pete - it's really a shame that you couldn't get anywhere near the same angle on the Kaiser Wilhelm church this year because that's the one that appears to show the greatest change.

Regardless of angles, they're really impressive results - I think I've got a spare roll of 120 knocking about...perhaps I should shove it in my Selfix and see what transpires!

Cheers, Jeff