1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Relic Challenge

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by gray1720, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

3. josie

josie Well-Known Member

My AP site seems to be having issues, so I will try to upload my latest images tomorrow.
    I had to use my little spotty, and have spent most of this eveniong ooohiing and aahhing over the scanned negatives ~ I am very happy with the results, and can't think why the spotty was relegated to the cupboard!
    Jo

4. josie

josie Well-Known Member

Any ideas anyone? AP seems to have gone a bit loopy on my laptop ~ the fonts gone most peculiar and I can't upload any images from it. I cleared the cookies and have logged out and back in again several times, but the problem remains. I have tried on my partners pc and it presents as normal, so I am at a loss as to what the problem is on my machine.
    I will try deleting AP from my favourites and start from scratch, but if that doesn't sort things out, I may have to upload from my partners pc.

Hopefully I will have more images uploaded soon,
    ~Jo

5. taxor

taxor Well-Known Member

Slightly dirty dancing http://www.flickr.com/photos/42689502@N08/7348385900/ Apologies for the censorship; just can't be too careful these days. These drunken revellers didn't give a s**t about anyone else around them. Saying that, pretty much everyone else was Pi***d too, myself included. Great fun to watch. Taken on an Olympus XA2. Pan F @ 50ASA in home-brewed Microphen. Woefully underexposed and under-developed - unlike the subject-matter. Neg-scan.

6. josie

josie Well-Known Member

Taken recently at Yorkshire Sculpture Park, using my spotmatic II. The rewind mechanism jammed so I couldn't load another film:(
    Other images to follow ~ just checking they are loading correctly

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012
  7. josie

josie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Needless to say, I didn't take many pictures of the sculptures! (Also, my skills with photoshop leave a lot to be desired!)

The one below was taken at Doncaster Service Station, en~route to YSP, shot through the car windscreen. I was using up the tail end of a film that was already loaded in the spotty, and wasn't sure what film it was, or how long it had been loaded, so all was guesswork.
    [​IMG]

8. josie

josie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some more images from YSP ~ these were from the fresh roll of film I loaded before the rewind mechanism let me down. Scanned into ps7 on my laptop, with a further tweak in CS5 on my partners' pc, as I still can't access AP site from my laptop. As you can no doubt tell, I didn't do any spotting/cloning

9. josie

josie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More from YSP ~ I think this is the final upload from me:cool:

10. josie

josie Well-Known Member

Has this thread died a death?:confused::)

11. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

It seems that even people who shoot film don't shoot film any more, at least not with anything which works outside of Auto. I might get my 1980 Pentax P30 out to show 'em how auto really works ;)

12. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I've just got back from two weeks holiday, and I was wondering the exact same thing!

I appreciate the efforts of people like you who've had a go but after all the people who expressed an interest, stuck their oar in about rules, and so in, and after the efforts the guys at AP went to to accommodate it - space in the magazine, FFS - I'm bitterly disappointed.

I still have a few films to sort, we'll see what comes of those, but I'm not holding my breath.

Adrian

13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I'm just back online after moving home. I've a developed roll from the Brownie to scan and get online and I still need to get around to sending off the 35mm E6 I did in my Rollei B35.

14. gray1720

In that case I'll try to finish some rolls (sun... what's that?), and see what I have. We'll enjoy our relics, even if no other blighter does!

Adrian

15. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

I've 8 shots left in my Agimatic. I'll roll 'em out and see what i get. Can't remember what flavour of film i put in it though, so could be interesting.

It was originally a test roll for the 85mm option lens i got for the thing, but i never did get it finished. This is getting decidedly dicey :) Should i totally tempt fate and try to use the extinction meter, too? :D

16. gray1720

Go for broke!

Adrian

17. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Will do! :D

18. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Well, that was interesting. That 24 roll turned out to be a 36! Hadn't seen that coming. I have 18 shots so i don't need to take that one out again.

So, i've chucked a roll of 24 from Poundland into the Pentax P30, cerca 1988-90.

[​IMG]

If i can't get a decent print from this i'm a total dullard. :)

19. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

What a great thread, I see that I have been missing out on all the fun. Well done for getting this off the ground Adrian, there are some great pictures from some old and not so old cameras. Is it too late to get involved? My only problem would be deciding which of my 'users' are relics though as the Pentax P30 has raised it's head I guess it is almost any film camera.

I will confess that the shot of the Shard I posted here http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?100272-The-Shard-For-RovingMike was taken a fortnight ago on a Contax Aria, 45mm Tessar (hence the dodgy framing, a 35mm or 28mm lens would have been better :) ) Agfa APX 100 developed in Rodinol 1:25 for 8min @ 20deg.C

20. gray1720

In the circumstances, I think we can safely say "A***holes" to the deadline, and have some fun. How's that sound?

Adrian