1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Pink Floyd Effect (Tribute band)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pete Bony, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Pete Bony

Pete Bony Well-Known Member

My wife got tickets for us to see them at The Royal Court Theatre in Bacup on Saturday 15th December. The Royal Court Theatre at Bacup is only a 7 or 8 mile drive from our home so very close to us - I drive it every Saturday afternoon during the summer for my wife and I to go Crown Green Bowling there!

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

My wife and I are going too. To see the band, not go bowling. Strange to go bowling in a theatre though.

3. Pete Bony

Hhhhhhm, I see what you mean. I ought to have said that we go to Bacup Park Bowling Green every Saturday during the summer. However we do know The Royal Court Theatre very well!
    We might even bump into each other at the Theatre and have a pint and chin wag during the interval.

4. dream_police

Well that theatre is strange. When we went in we were greeted by a lady selling raffle tickets who also glanced at our entrance tickets. She asked if we’d been there before. When we told her, no, she half laughed and said we were in for a treat. The theatre is entered at street level, then you go down stairs and enter the circle, then down again to the stalls. Strange. We had good seats in the stalls (only a small venue, so most seats are probably good). The band came on at 1930 ish, and with a short break of 15 mins or so, played until 2230.
    They were very good. Seemed to be a good set of musicians who were enjoying what they did. The backing videos were, or certainly appeared to be, those used by Floyd on their own tours. As well as many other songs, yhey played Dark Side of The Moon in its entirety. I really enjoyed that. I am grateful to Pete for starting this thread.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  5. dream_police

steveandthedogs likes this.
  6. Pete Bony

Yes The Royal Court Theatre in Bacup certainly is a "strange place"! It was originally a foundry. It was quite a good night, good music and great lighting effects. We were in the circle above and to the right of the stage so had a job to see both of the female backing singers. The only thing that I could comment on was the mixing which from where we were sitting just didn't sound quite right. Having said that both of us (Marlene and Myself) thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

7. dream_police

Certainly the lead vocal could have been higher in the mix, but everything else for us sounded right.

8. Pete Bony

It was the lead vocals that I was thinking weren't quite right but I thought it might have been something to do with where we were sitting.