1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Photographic Angle Exhibitions

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by P_Stoddart, Feb 3, 2017.

1. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Ok I will be honest I am blowing my own trumpet here :p LOL

Because some of my work is in the exhibition for Architecture :)

http://thephotographicangle.co.uk/exhibitions/

There are two showings of architecture stuff in London during Feb & March :)

By the way they have regular competitions so have a go. They liked my work so you never know.

Its a charity promoting the art of photography from all areas of life.

Nearly forgot a big thank you to the people at AP, one of my architecture images which has done well in competition at my society and hopefully is in the TPA show was taken from the terrace at the Blue Fin building when I got invited to a talk. Fate worked in my favour and I was able to create Funnels & Rainbow. :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. Mike Webb

Mike Webb Member

I saw this exhibition in Birmingham last week - which was your shot?

Mike

3. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

How do you submit work?

4. Mike Webb

Mike Webb Member

Through their web site I believe. I rummaged about and found a screen that suggested you could enter up to images. It seems to be free so I'm left wondering how they raise any money.

5. P_Stoddart

I think the TPA has rich patrons

Mike Webb

I submitted 5 works

Blue Storm Gallery
    Cutty Sark Restored to Glory
    Funnels and Rainbow
    Purple Somerset
    Tyneside at Dusk

Does that ring any bells? Thanks

6. Mike Webb

Mike Webb Member

Hi, they don't ring any bells at all. There were only about 20 images printed on huge roller canvas affairs which really were too big to allow a proper assessment and they lacked proper borders in most cases. Maybe the travelling exhibition is a subset of all the images?

7. P_Stoddart

Well when I visit in the past it's been more than 20, might be the size of the venue. I think they donation the space for use by the charity.

When I have seen the exhibition they used a old superstore that was empty.

Mike they might not have used my titles, some of my titles do give away the subject. You saying you did not see any shots of Cutty Sark, or Somerset House or Tyneside?

Do you recall seeing the 2nd place entry called Lines by Linda Walker?

Thanks for any help :)

8. Mike Webb

Mike Webb Member

I don't recall any of those. Can you link me to any of the images?

the venue in Birmingham was really hard to find until you found it if you see what I mean. It was at the top of a building housing barristers chambers as far as I could make out.

9. P_Stoddart

[​IMG]

This is Tyneside at Dusk

Lines by Linda Walker is on the TPA site :)

Catriona likes this.
  10. Mike Webb

Mike Webb Member

Nope, I don't recall that one. The venue was pretty big but the pictures huge so maybe they felt they could only display a small number.

11. P_Stoddart

Mike I think you are correct there.

I didn't get anywhere in the competition unlike Linda Walker (fellow society member). I was requested by TPA to submit high res version for the exhibition. Might be at certain venues they need more images to fully use the venue.

I hoping the venue in London Docklands is big otherwise I doubt my work will be shown. :(

I have tried asking TPA about where my work might be displayed with no response.

12. P_Stoddart

Well looking at the website it appears they have cancelled all of the Architecture exhibitions :(

Its was due in Chelmsford and London in August 2017

Not seen any explaination for this at all from TPA.

Hopefully I can find out what has happened. I suspect the empty space the use has been bought or rented out.