1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "New Look" AP

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by PhotoEcosse, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Derek_R

Derek_R Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed this week's issue, the article on Elena Shumilova, the D300 piece, the lighting advice. Superb stuff, and still lots more to read yet. My heart sank when I read that next week there's an in-depth review of the 810. Wasn't it only last week that there were many pages devoted to it? But I do understand why. Going back to Elena, it reminded me of reading about Stanislav Puchkovsky / Sean Archer recently. Both have achieved wonderful skills in just a couple of years. Very inspirational. Thanks, Derek

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

If there's one thing about the new look AP that's not so good it's that the Readers Gallery section has been reduced to two 'togs where it used to be three and sometimes four per issue...:(

3. Nigel_Atherton

Nigel_Atherton Group Editor

Yes, sorry about that. We needed to create space for the technique content. In fact with that and the online pic of the week on page 3 and the big picture on page 4-5 there are more pictures in AP overall than there were before, they're just spread out and presented in different ways.

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I like the five page technique articles. The extra space is used for good photographs and not just artificial images taken to illustrate the point. A pity that we have lost space from Reader's gallery. I would prefer less 'internal advertising'. Its fine to advertise subscriptions and insurance full page now and again but we have got the message. If this self advertising content is reduced then it will not look as if you are short of real content.