1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

The K-3 long term

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Monobod, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Here is a picture from my day out with the camera with the 55-200mm WR - not exactly a test of the AF, however if you were wondering if 8fps is what you are looking for, please see the below image.

[​IMG]

There were four images in this series originally but the third is of the bird just after entering the water with a smaller splash, so three pictures taken in just over half a second.

Ohh, for the 300mm F4 (or equivalent ;)) for pictures like this! :)

2. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

If you can find a s/h Sigma 100-300 f/4 then snap it up. It is a real cracker and at 450 on the K-3 (K-5) it is very useable. Even pretty good with the 1.4t/c added.

Not made any more, so I will not be parting with mine.....

3. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Many thanks for the tip, I have been scouring the interweb and you're right that is a veeery rare lens! Will keep my eyes open for some popping up.

4. Ffolrord

Ffolrord Well-Known Member

It is an excellent lens and it has held its value. S/h prices haven't really fallen from the end of line new price, which proves its excellence. If you intend mostly using the long end then a s/h DA*300 might prove better value. Also an excellent lens. It always impresses me and I haven't really got the best from it yet. Regarding AF I find that switching off the shutter half press helps (on the K5), if you haven't already.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  5. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Very cool pic, Atavar :) is it a ME pic?

Jack

6. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Hi Jack, many thanks for the compliment.

Showing my ignorance here (or it is far too early on a sunday morning), but what do you mean by 'ME pic'? :eek:

7. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

and late Sunday night, now ;), ATV, and I meant MultipleExposure :D

Cheers,

Jack

8. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Aha! :eek:

In this case it was post processing rather than a single in-camera multi exposed image. This is three pics, the top image with two holes erased to show the ones below and the middle one with a single hole erased to let the bottom show through the hole already made in the top

The top pic is the splash, as that would have been a pain in the bottom to ensure all the details came through any holes, the middle pic was mid air and the bottom the jump.