1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The K-3 long term

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Monobod, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Here is a picture from my day out with the camera with the 55-200mm WR - not exactly a test of the AF, however if you were wondering if 8fps is what you are looking for, please see the below image.

[​IMG]

There were four images in this series originally but the third is of the bird just after entering the water with a smaller splash, so three pictures taken in just over half a second.

Ohh, for the 300mm F4 (or equivalent ;)) for pictures like this! :)

2. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

If you can find a s/h Sigma 100-300 f/4 then snap it up. It is a real cracker and at 450 on the K-3 (K-5) it is very useable. Even pretty good with the 1.4t/c added.

Not made any more, so I will not be parting with mine.....

3. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Many thanks for the tip, I have been scouring the interweb and you're right that is a veeery rare lens! Will keep my eyes open for some popping up.

4. Ffolrord

Ffolrord Well-Known Member

It is an excellent lens and it has held its value. S/h prices haven't really fallen from the end of line new price, which proves its excellence. If you intend mostly using the long end then a s/h DA*300 might prove better value. Also an excellent lens. It always impresses me and I haven't really got the best from it yet. Regarding AF I find that switching off the shutter half press helps (on the K5), if you haven't already.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  5. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Very cool pic, Atavar :) is it a ME pic?

Jack

6. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Hi Jack, many thanks for the compliment.

Showing my ignorance here (or it is far too early on a sunday morning), but what do you mean by 'ME pic'? :eek:

7. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

and late Sunday night, now ;), ATV, and I meant MultipleExposure :D

Cheers,

Jack

8. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Aha! :eek:

In this case it was post processing rather than a single in-camera multi exposed image. This is three pics, the top image with two holes erased to show the ones below and the middle one with a single hole erased to let the bottom show through the hole already made in the top

The top pic is the splash, as that would have been a pain in the bottom to ensure all the details came through any holes, the middle pic was mid air and the bottom the jump.