1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The fruit of hatred, intolerance, and lies

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by John Farrell, Mar 15, 2019.

1. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Terrible. The right wing is getting stronger all over the world and this is their way.

3. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

The right wing are responsible for more terror attacks than any other group, so sadly it isn't, and won't be, an isolated incident. :(

PentaxManiac and Roger Hicks like this.
  5. peterba

I agree, Zou. I must admit that I wrote that more in hope, than expectation.:(

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

That depends on your definition of "right wing". If you are including the fundamentalist moslems in that group then you are quite correct but not if you restrict the description to "white fascists".

Some numbers to be going on with...

7. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I was. They are extreme right.

8. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Functionally identical, and ideologically parallel. Pretty much inseparable.

9. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I am sure the numbers are illuminating but statista requires a subscription, which I neither have nor want so I have nod idea whether they are, or not.

10. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

We really do need to make a big moral stand against these right wing views. At the moment the words sleepwalking and nineteen thirties keep entering my mind

PentaxManiac and steveandthedogs like this.
  11. Andrew Flannigan

"Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing". [John Stuart Mills, University of St. Andrews 1867]

SqueamishOssifrage likes this.
  12. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

This the country not allowing British grandparents (my friends) to join their son and family to end their days with their only family who have settled there.

Ironic.

What has happened is tragic and should never be condoned. I'm certainly not, but perhaps New Zealand should review their immigration policy with a kinder heart.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  13. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

In my opinion, 'Right-wingers' will select whatever they think will get those who are not, to start thinking that Democracy just doesn't work. They'll target religious groups, stir up Racial hatred wherever they can and the fears of those who feel that migrants are impacting on their lives and jobs. They'd probably much prefer countries to be run by Dictators, or to a lesser degree, Communism which is for all intents and purposes the same thing except run by a committee (which they might not be able to impact upon as much as they would like to) instead of an individual.

14. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Kindness went out the door when neoliberalism arrived - there's no money in it.

15. Catriona

It's such a shame. They are kind, hard working intelligent people who have held good jobs in the past and still do enormous charity work. Yet they are not welcome to come over to their son, his wife and two children. It's so sad.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  16. Andrew Flannigan

This website explains the rules: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new...y/explore-visa-options-for-living-permanently and has a simple selector tree to work out what rules apply. In the case of those wishing to retire to New Zealand they have to show an annual income of NZ$60,000 plus capital of NZ$1,000,000 to invest in the country (divide by 2 to convert to £s). That seems not unreasonable when you consider the costs of healthcare that older immigrants are likely to incur.

17. peterba

How true that is, John.

18. Catriona

Ah, so people are just commodities. Only the young, fit and wealthy need apply. I see.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Saw a great description...

Fascism: killing 49 people in a mosque with a rifle
    Liberalism: killing 49 people in a mosque with a drone bomb

beatnik69, Trannifan and Catriona like this.
  20. Catriona

Conservative democracy: looking the other way.

Trannifan and Zou like this.