1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The FEN GALLERY

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by Fen, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

<table width="620" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0">
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2"><div align="center">[​IMG]</div></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="459" align="left" valign="top">Hi There,

I'm pleased to announce that a new online gallery opens on 1st August 2009.

The FEN GALLERY - http://www.thefengallery.com/

An independent online gallery dedicated to providing a forum for new photography. Presenting images by photographers whose work has rarely been brought to public attention. The Fen Gallery gives them the opportunity to exhibit the very best of their photographs and hopefully act as a springboard to launch their careers.

Each month the galleries will showcase the work of a new photographer, so please make sure you call on us regularly.

Our first exhibitors are: Tanya Lowe, Brian McCarthy, Fenris Oswin, Thomas Park & David J White

We don't charge hefty commissions, we don't demand set themes, all we ask is that photographers share the very best of their work with us and of course, with you.

If you are interested in exhibiting your own photographic work, please contact us via the website.

Opening hours: 24 hours per day 7 days a week - Free Entry </td>
    <td width="125">[​IMG]</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2"><div align="center">[​IMG]</div></td>
    </tr>
    </table>

2. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Nice, I like the layout. What was it written in?

Also I keep meaning to link my gallery to photobox

3. mediaman

mediaman Well-Known Member

Aw....come on......it's the 1st august....
    you are not open.....
    Shame....Have been waiting with baited breath, to view
    the gallery, three days wasted.... :D
    Being serious now, do hope that the Fen Gallery will be the success it deserves to be!

4. mediaman

mediaman Well-Known Member

Liked what I saw, some nice images here.
    Keep up the standard.

5. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

The design of the Gallery was done in 3D Studio Max. For those that have never heard of it, it's a professional 3D animation package. I've been using it since the late 80's.

The building was built in 3D and then rendered out with the photographs on the walls. These images were then incorporated into the HTML/Javascript coding.

You'll need to set up a 'ProGallery' at PhotoBox. It's really easy to do :)

6. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info

Just checked, I did!

7. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

I like it Fen! Damn good work :D

8. chr1s

chr1s Well-Known Member

really great site fen, congrats

9. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

Fen, I got "The page cannot be found" :( Will try again later, must be all the traffic ;)

10. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Well-Known Member

Really like the layout Fen - imaginative

Love the photos as well :D

11. Seven

Seven ..or eight

If anyone is experiencing problems accessing the website -

I've just heard from Fen (who isn't online at mo) and he has been on the phone to the hosts this morning there is a server issue.

Please chack back soon/later :)

12. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Gremlins seem to be sorted now.

Best of luck with the venture Fen and all displaying this month. Many thanks for my invite for Sept. :D

13. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

a very simple site to use congratulations for the concept

there are some excellent images

14. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I got a 404 at 1.00pm.

15. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

A really nice, intuitive and involving way to see the photos, and great photos they are too.

A couple of minor observations - although I don't want to detract from the fact that I really enjoyed strolling through the gallery... I'd have liked the image control bar to be outside the image area; it disappears if you choose a slide show, but is distracting if you want to step though the pictures. Secondly, and this is really minor, it surprised me a bit that the first image disappeared as soon as I hit the play button. Could it not be counted down in the same way as subsequent images?

But, either way, a fabulous site and I wish you, and all who exhibit in it, great success.

16. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

That's better - no 404 at 9.00pm, and I've had a look round. Pretty impressive, and congratulations to all concerned.

Any possibility of being able to change the tone of the background? For some of the galleries, I'm sure the images would look (much) better inside darker surroundings.

17. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

Perseverance was rewarded. Great site and showcase. Very simple but a great idea.

You must be pleased with that. ;)

18. The_Black_Moth

The_Black_Moth Well-Known Member

Looks very impressive - a lovely way to view the images.

19. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Congratulations Fen. :cool:Looks like lots of hard work setting up but a very rewarding experience.Well done :D :D

20. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Just spent a while viewing and it was a genuine pleasure. There are some lovely images, intelligently presented and a nicely balanced variety. Great stuff.