1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best camera ever..........

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Brian, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Oh yes David Gilmour must never be forgotten.................or Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton,B.B.King,Carlos Santana, Jeff Beck, Mark Knofler and me.......... on an Air Guitar, particularly after several large gins.;)

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Poor old Andrés Segovia - he lived and died in vain.

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

No, not vain, it was Spain. Sounds similar, I suppose. ;)

El_Sid and Andrew Flannigan like this.
  4. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Sorry never rated The Shadows.

5. Shinnen

Shinnen Active Member

It's a beautiful shot.
    ......... john

Brian likes this.
  6. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

Mind you BB King was once asked if a white man could really play the blues and he said the best blues guitarist he ever heard was a white guy called Ritchie Blackmore

I just wish DP could have written the odd decent song in their time but Ritchie was the best that ever picked up a Srat.

I won't argue with him either. Ritchie was due leave Deep Purple to form a band with Ian Paice and Phil Lynott. Ah, what could have been.

7. Andrew Flannigan

They are, without a shadow of a doubt, capable of leaving all other bands in the shade.

8. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I just wish DP could have written the odd decent song in their time but Ritchie was the best that ever picked up a Srat.

Smoke on the Water wasn't bad, although no Deep Purple tracks have made it into my digital collection. Does he still play a Strat? Didn't realise he is still going.

willie45 likes this.
  9. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Touring with Rainbow this year, having spent a long time doing medieval stuff with his missus. As it were.

10. willie45

I'm going to see him at the O2 this summer. Saw him in Birmingham last year. As has been said the greatest player ever in the opinion of many.

Joe Satriani, widely regarded as one of the greatest technical players alive ( he taught Steve Vai and many others ) said he was overawed by Ritchie and afraid to play in his place with DP. I saw a doc about him recently and swathes of modern heroes were waxing lyrical about his skills. Seems to be a guitarist's guitarist. To others he just seemed exciting which is missing the point.

11. willie45

The best song DP ever did was Lazy IMHO. Ritchie live in his heyday was something special, though. I could listen to any old shite if he was playing it

12. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I agree with that.

13. willie45

I always knew you were a man of impeccable taste, Nick ;)

I reckon it really showed what a great drummer Ian Paice was too. I always thought he'd have been superb at jazz.

The first time I heard Lazy was live at the Green's Playhouse in Glasgow. Machine Head was to be called Lazy and it was introduced as the title track from the new album. Happy days indeed :)

14. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

My thread and completely lost...............who the hell or what is DP?

Just realised, Deep Purple.

Oh dear, maybe I should stick to voicing opinions on photographic gear.:)

15. Andrew Flannigan

They came on the radio once when I was in the car. This was in the seventies when my daughter was six or seven. She covered her ears and said "that's an awful noise, dad". Out of the mouths of babes... :cool:

16. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

It's a song that showcases all of their talents and makes the most of the interplay between Lord and Blackmore - but yes, his underpinning is just superb.

17. 0lybacker

0lybacker Well-Known Member

S'noldy web-site, Brian, goes wid da territory.

Was bit more of a Cream fan. Purple were great in the early years but I think got a bit lost, musically and creatively, at times later on.

Here's my attempt to rescue the Thread. (Now, :oops: there's a thing! ) The Olympus OM1/maybe OM2n/possibly the OM2SP - the best camera ever. Saw this recently under heading 'Cameras Owned': Olympus OM1 - Do I need to own a Leica? :)

Cheers, Oly

PS: Fuji stand at TPS - 5x larger than 2016. Still crowded! Nuff said.

18. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

The worst camera ever? The Periflex2 followed closely by the Hasselblad 500cm and the ELM.

All the above bought new and instantly regretted.:(

Tried an Olympus once, too twiddly.

Do you need a Leica? Oly, only if you are contemplating going back to film. Staying with digital, no, buy into the Fuji system, the camera for the thinking man.:)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017 at 12:05 PM
  19. Andrew Flannigan

Agree that the Periflex series were.... "unusual". On the other hand, until digital got into its stride, my Hasselblad ruled. Still got most of the kit and take it out for the for a spin when the spirit moves me. Mind you, I get as much fun from finding a bargain as using the kit so virtually none of my cameras were bought new and very few could be described as anything other than "user condition" when I got them.

20. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Lovely shot Brian. Credit to both you and Fuji. I'm tempted to switch from Canon to Fuji - seeing quality like this is very tempting (however I have a full carbon road bike to buy first - which may put it hold a bit!)