1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The best camera ever..........

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Brian, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

For some fifty years I was very fond of my Leicas, and then along came the Fuji X100T.

[​IMG]

2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Looks like a proper pub.

Done_rundleCams and peterba like this.
  3. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

And is it any good?

peterba likes this.
  4. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

The x100T, or the pub...?

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  5. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

The Fuji, the pub looks like a proper pub.

peterba likes this.
  6. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Thought you were madly in love with your X-Pro, Brian?

7. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

I am, but somehow the XPro2 is a bit serious, whereas the little X100T is just fun.

8. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Ooh, I don't agree there. I think that X100T is a highly capable, very serious bit of kit but obviously restricted when compared to an interchangeable lens camera. Always a dilemma: restriction of a fixed lens (tending to wide of standard) versus the extra weight & bulk of interchangeable lens camera + 2 or 3 or more lenses.

Excellent pic above, btw.

9. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

[​IMG]

Anyone interested, this is the JPEG as shot. 1000 ISO. Suppose it may seem foolish but I only shoot Fine JPEG with in camera adjustments, hate faffing around with post editing whatsits.Can't wait for the X100F with the Acros simulation. Basically a small crop and a shadow boost on this one.

Yes only far better the restriction of a fixed lens then the missed shot because you couldn't be arsed to lug a bag full of goodies around.

Thanks glad you liked the snap. And yes it's a great pub, think Nick Roberts has been known to down the odd gallon or so in the Duck and Drake.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  10. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I have indeed. Excellent pub.

As to best camera, well that's always the one that suits you best. If Brian says the X100T is the best for him, how can anybody have the hubris to challenge that? Nice shot.

Done_rundleCams and peterba like this.
  11. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

How it's said is the key. "This is the best camera for me" can't be challenged. "This is the best camera ever" is asking for someone to start throwing their umbrage around.

12. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Of course it does. Now where in this thread had Brian said it in such a way that anyone with any intelligence could take umbrage at it? ;)

13. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Apart from a wonderful selection of beer, usually around twenty, the pub provides live music four nights a week. And the craic is as good as it gets, something sadly lacking on this forum.

Chancing on one member of this forum choking on his own umbrage I shall continue.

The best 35mm camera ever? The Early Leica M4. The best SLR. Toss up, Nikon 3HP or Leicaflex SL2. The best twin lens reflex? The Rolleiflex 2.8F Planar ( Nick, keep quiet) The best Technical camera? The Linhof Super Technical V The best monorail? The Sinar, mind you only ever used the Sinar P and a Cambo which fell to bits. :)

Of course these are MY opinions, open to challenge, omnipotence in our family belongs to the wife, closely followed by Wesson.

All these are chosen on the basis of ownership. Hence can't comment re DSLRs, owned many but loathed them all.

14. Andrew Flannigan

Everyone's entitled to their opinions and everyone else is entitled to snigger at them. :cool:

15. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Indeed, but a positive contribution occasionally might help.

16. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Well, I'm fairly positive that the guitarist next to Slash is Rory Gallagher.

But I could be wrong!

17. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Exactly. Funnily enough yesterday my wife and I were trying to identify who it was and had to ask the landlord.

Which brings me on to state categorically that Brian May is the greatest guitarist ever. :)

18. Andrew Flannigan

May be.

19. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I agree, right up to the moment I put on a Pink Floyd track...;):rolleyes:

20. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Which brings me on to state categorically that Brian May is the greatest guitarist ever. :)

As much as liked/liked Queen, I never had Brian May as the greatest guitarist

If you believe anything on Wikipedia, he once performed with Tangerine Dream, some concert that must have been.