1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test: the absolutely anything thread.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Atavar, Oct 7, 2014.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Buy a bottle then keep giving her small sips keeping her gagging for more on the promise of a full bottle after the event.

Catriona likes this.
  2. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

This post was incorrect.

3. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

What is Lapponia lakka liqueur?

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

It's a golden liqueur made from cloudberries. The Finns go mad for the berries which grow on the edges of the forests. I remember the mad ride we had in a people carrier going up to a former lumberjack camp for a break. The driver had eyes like a hawk and screeched to a halt whenever he spotted the berries growing at the side of the road. They look like orange raspberies but grow like strawberries. Delicious!!

5. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

When you say "conditional on her helping me move", are you immobile or do you mean move home ? ;-)

6. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

Hope the flit goes well, Kate :)

7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Any news Kate?

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Oh, congratulations to Leicester on winning the premier league!

9. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Must ask my Finnish friend about this

10. Catriona

Well I think he has got his funding approved at last, so the move is on. Just as well, since I have downsized already and done some packing. :)

Zou likes this.
  11. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Aaaahhhhhhh - they've helped to sweeten many a hike through the swedish part of Lappland!"

Lynn

Catriona likes this.
  12. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Same from me.

13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Great news, hope all goes well. :)

14. Catriona

Eeek! Just had an email from him. 25th 26th or 27th May - now I'm quaking!

15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

That's three full weeks away, plenty of time! :rolleyes:

16. Catriona

OMG OMG OMG!

17. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Here's the raw material..........

[​IMG]

Lynn

18. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

So Catriona, time to check out the tyre on your wheelbarrow?

19. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I think our solicitor who is handling our move is wearing diving boots because he ain't half dragging his feet. We agreed our sale/purchase on the 15th March. We are buying our purchasers house so no chain is involved and neither of us are mortgaged, yet trying to get a firm date for completion is a nightmare. We have been aiming for the 17th May, 2 weeks away. It's a right PITA, do they not realise we have to book removals etc? Wouldn't mind if we were paying them peanuts either!

20. Catriona

I don't know what has changed, but when I said to my solicitor that we had decided to bring forward our completion date because of the bank holiday - she was quite miffed. They want the money and aren't averse to charging plenty, for very little - but show some initiative? No. I agree - I made some tentative enquiries with a removal firm here and his indifference was overwhelming. I think I'll ask my friendly reformed characters (an organisation in town) to do my move instead. At least the smile and laugh and we all get on well.