1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test: the absolutely anything thread.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Atavar, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Inspired by Big Wills observations of the Lounge in Forum Feedback (http://www.amateurphotographer.co.u...-by-BigWill-to-quot-Reinstate-the-Lounge-quot), I want to do a little test.

We've all been there, there has been something in the news, or you've nearly hijacked another thread, or a little something has happened which may not seem like it needs a a full thread unless others are are already talking about it, or you just want to say something, but no you're not sure it has a place on the forum... This is now that place.

A thread where absolutely anything can go, photographic query, random jokes, gripes, moans, tangents, thread hijacks, newbie introductions, if you want it said in and no one else has started a thread for it, why not say it here, this is your place to say it, or even somthing you would not say elsewhere in the forum. A thread for absolutely anything.

A thread to just join in with. Old hands, newbs, everybody.

So, fire away, as I sure as hell have no idea how to kick it off :)

2. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Oh good...a thread about religion an politics!

Graeme

3. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

The mods are always entitled to remove posts from any thread, but the Lounge should not be somewhere you are scared to pop a comment on just because you don't think it has a place :)

Release those inhibitions and just say what you want :)

4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Last night on the way to archery I caught the end of my bow in my bike wheel and snapped the end off the limb. That's irrelevant, but it explains why what I really want to say is **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****!

Adrian

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Anyone else get an email this morning about changes to profiles?

6. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

So, hijacking iPM are we? I'm up for that!

:cool:

7. Lawsyd

Lawsyd Well-Known Member

Why is my bit of Manchester virtually gridlocked because a couple of drivers didn't notice the heavy rain & thought it might be a good idea to slow down - even if it it meant getting to work or the kids to school 5 minutes late.:mad::mad:

8. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

That's far too complicated a question for me.

9. Catriona

If it's any result, I'm out of this one. Can do this more effectively in Facebook! Sorry Will.

10. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Who else remembers Arthur Mullard? Looked like a bruiser; good comic actor. I remember one small sketch in particular where he was in the background, but suddenly said:

"Anyone mind if I put a word in here?"

"Of course not!"

"Banana"

The rest of the sketch then moved on without him. It my have been in the Spike Milligan Q series.

Cheers,

R.

11. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Longbow? How much did you break off? You might be able to fit an external nock, though it could take the bow outside some of the competition criteria.

12. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

If they walked most would get there bl**dy quicker......

13. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Are you a member of the green tights brigade too? :D

14. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Was that AP forum or another site? I've not had any email at all. Not even from that nice Nigerian Prince.

15. Catriona

AP forum re changes to Personal details within Profile. If I wish I can now put details about the gear I use, so that other people looking at my profile (?) will have a better picture of where I'm coming from.
    Yeah...
    PS It's a little puzzling, because I do that already. Hmm.
    PPS It's even weirder since on looking at my Profile I see it says I haven't created any Albums yet. I have - two of them.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  16. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I have not now nor never worn green tights to shoot in! (a sentence specially crafted to produce merriment amongst those trying to parse it).

It is - or possibly was - a Hungarian-style recurve, and it's split at one nock. See pic - it's a link as it's oversize for AP:
    http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/gray1721/Knackeredbow_zps45b3c13d.jpg

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/gray1721/Knackeredbow_zps45b3c13d.jpg

I have emailed a pic to the supplier to see if they will repair it, failing that I have a couple of people who might be able to give it a go, but I'm concerned that it might go again when at full draw. Ah well, it's only money...

Adrian

17. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

('Yus my dear' (more often than not aimed at Queenie Watts).)

Don't recall that sketch but it does sound very Milligan.

Which begs the questions, "What are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do now?..." ;)

18. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Is there death after life?

19. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

"I told you I was ill".

:cool:

20. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

You'll not get any more e mails from him. I just sent my bank details off to him yesterday, so I've claimed the money.