1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Fen, May 1, 2014.

1. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I might think about it for next year, but the most TW portrait I have is of a man who I know would be dead set against it being entered. Into anything. That and the fact that I'm also going through a period of massive self-doubt and loathing which I'm assuming I'll work through eventually.

2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Aw Geren. That's a hard time so be a little gentle with yourself. I felt the same before I started putting in pics to Salons - just to get me through a really bad patch. Concentrates the mind wonderfully.
    Actually, I put into the TW portrait comp this year simply because I'm reaching that age where you can't count on maybe next year! I really don't hold out much hope for mine, far too amateurish, but I do so hope Fen's gets at least long-listed because in my view it's great!
    Best of luck to you.
    Kate

3. Catriona

Hey-Ho! No luck, as expected. There were 4,193 entries and only 60 were selected for exhibition, including the shortlisted ones.
    Glad I had a go though - it made me print up some work, properly, and I was happy with it. At least it will be winging its way back to me, so I can pin it up on my walls somewhere.
    Perhaps next year I'll have a few more to choose from. :)

Kate

4. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Yes, Kate, there is always next year and it'll probably take that long for you to find a suitably miserable-faced subject to suit the miserable-faced judging panel of TW.

5. Catriona

Hmm! I guess mine was serious but not miserable. Not to worry - all down to experience. ;)

6. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

No luck for me either.

This is the photograph I entered in to the comp.

I guess Paul Kaye looked too happy in the photograph and wasn't stroking any pets! Oh well... next year... Might have to get a photograph of him looking fk'd off with the world and tearing the head off a white fluffy rabbit

[​IMG]

;)

7. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Hard luck guys. Maybe next year and I might even enter it myself then.