1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Take a look at my website

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by Nigel Charnock, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Nigel Charnock

Nigel Charnock New Member

Hi All,
    Could you please take a look at my website http://nigelcharnockphotography.co.uk/ and I would like to hear comments, feeback on my website and possibly recommend ways how it could be improved. All feeback is much appreciated. Thanks

2. AndrewT

AndrewT New Member

Hi Nigel,

Just checked out your website, just wanted to say that I liked the layout you've chosen for your website. However I feel that the gallery style works for and against you at the same time, for because it's a great way to display your photos and when you click on the image and it brings you to another page with just that image plus the description. Against because the picture sizes/ratios vary a lot and detracts away from a sense of consistency within your site when its in the gallery form.
    • It would be nice to have a logo or button at the top to press to bring you back to the home page or to a centralised page.
    • There is a lot of dead space in your about me page, an image of yourself would work well.
    • The font colour for your pages definitely needs to be changed, it's hard to read what I'm navigating to.
    Anyway, just my opinion :)

A

3. TheAlex

TheAlex Well-Known Member

The main menu is difficult to spot, not only because it's at the bottom of the page (top is the most commonly used convention these days), but also because the light grey text is difficult to see on that background. Adding a main menu to the top of each page (including the main page, rather than the "Enter" butotn) will make your website a lot easier to navigate.

4. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

The start picture on my calibrated monitor has a green/yellow cast and is not pleasant to the eye. At first I could not see the menu at the bottom of the page this needs sorting with a more bold coloring on the lettering or placed higher in the frame......I don't like the bold white Intro at the start, other than that all's fine, and you have a nice spread of pictures on there......

5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

You might want to ask someone to help you proofread and edit your opening text - there are quite a lot of grammatical errors there and I do think it's important, if you're going to use text to introduce yourself, to make sure that it's well written.

6. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I think you'll find the OP has done a runner, that was his one and only post, some three months ago...

7. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

Never noticed......Thank you..