1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Take a bow

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by LesleySM, Apr 25, 2012.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

The lovely Sonja Kristina and fellow band members last night at the end of the gig- Comments please?

[​IMG]
    Curved Air 134 by LesleySM4, on Flickr

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I am not too keen on the unfocused face on the right of the picture, after looking at the lady my eye was drawn to it and it took a moment to realise just what it was. I find this aspect uncomfortable, I realise it is extremely difficult shooting in these situations.

3. LesleySM

Looking at it again in the cold light of day- you're right- I'm now wondering how much I can crop that out

4. Caulkhead

Caulkhead Well-Known Member

If you use Photoshop, try using the Lighting Effects filter on the guy.

5. LesleySM

Haven't got PS at the moment but this strengthens the case for getting it

6. PhilW

PhilW Well-Known Member

I don't mine the closer guy at all, but the disembodied hand on the other side is a bit off. The mic could be cloned out fairly easily I think.

Overall maybe just cool the WB down slightly - not to completely neutralise the colour cast, just tame it a bit

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  7. Caulkhead

Caulkhead Well-Known Member

Something like (needs more pixels for better sharpening)- 5 mins work[​IMG]

8. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

I think you can just crop the hand and mike out really. Leave the out focus guy in as the DOF is doing the work there.

PS: I think you should have pushed the ISO abit more and got extra shutter speed though because of motion blur.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012