1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunny Day

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Roger Hicks, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

A companion piece to "Misty Day" which I put up earlier. Deals with how we look at our own "non-serious" pictures, and what we can learn from them.

Cheers,

R.

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Food for thought. I need to get back to taking a camera with me when out walking. The times I have had light to die for in beautiful surroundings, when I've been out on the golf course with no camera with me. Unfortunately I have backed myself into a corner whereby I will only take the camera when I have a specific idea for a composition, which by the law of sod, quite often fails, and as a consequence I find myself clicking the shutter less and less these days. Maybe I've lumbered myself with too many lenses and too much equipment to be bothered. I often think about having a clear out and starting again with a Fuji X camera, and one high quality short zoom. I might then start taking a camera with me.

Catriona likes this.
  3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

It works!

Roger Hicks and Craig20264 like this.
  4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I don't get out of the house much (outside of travelling to work), but I take the camera any time I do go out (and the camera has absolutely increased how much time I spend outside). One body, two lenses at most, often just one (which one does vary, depending on how I feel). I take pictures, of everything, because I'm not trying to make art, I'm trying to enjoy taking pictures. How much thought I put into them varies, some days I get a small number of shots and throw them all away, some days I get 800 shots and throw most of them away, other days I take 5 and keep all 5, or take 800 and keep 10's. But I take the camera, because I want to take photographs.

I have thought several times, why am I bothering. Sometimes the feedback you receive on images in places like Appraisals can put you off. Not everyone is mentally configured the same way. So a few times, I've thought why am I bothering. And then I realised, because I enjoy it. Sure, I enjoy being told I got a good shot as well, but I just enjoy the process of watching the world go by and taking photographs as it does.

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  5. I'm in the same boat as you, I don't often go out unless it's to work. I think I should be taking my camera with me to work as there are some beautiful sites. I live in a city of old and new buildings so I should really go out at lunch and just keep snapping.

Unfortunately is rain season here so maybe some shots from the windows for now.

6. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I carry a camera whilst travelling to and from work - it's currently dark during my journey each way but the days are getting longer...

I'm originally from Manchester and I think you'll find that the 'rainy season' runs all year - with the exception of a couple of days in July and one towards the end of August!

Cheers, Jeff

7. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Me too. Though i would call it the 'drizzle season', rather than the 'rainy season'. ;)

8. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I got a couple of pictures in heavy rain that rank among the ones I'm most proud of in my 4 years of taking photographs for the sake of it.