1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subscription (again)

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Grierson, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Grierson

Grierson Well-Known Member

I was absolutely delighted to be told in a letter in this mornings post that I as a valued subscriber to Amateur Photographer. So much so that Ms Shaw of the subscriptions department wanted to make sure that she gave me the earliest opportunity to renew and benefit from the special price of £101.99. My delight was short lived however. I am clearly not as valued as a new subscriber as the two page spread in AP is offering the years subscription for £91.49 demonstrates. What weaselly words emanate from these departments!

2. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Surely an additional £10.41 is sufficient to make you feel 'extra' special?

3. Grierson

Grierson Well-Known Member

Yes, in retrospect I realize that I am clearly privileged by being asked to pay more. ;)

4. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

Perfectly, but regretably, standard.

It's the reason one has to switch bank accounts, car insurance, home insurance, travel insurance, home energy supplier, etc., etc., etc., etc every year to avoid being ripped off.

Unfortunately AP is a monopoly supplier of a decent weekly photographic magazine in UK, so we can't switch. Only solution is to cancel your direct debit and re-subscribe when your existing sub runs out.

It is simply a measure of the morally corrupt perverts who run business in Britain. Rather than rewarding loyalty, they actually punish it.

5. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Anyone working in insurance would consider the premium for existing subscribers as derisory.

6. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

That's what I've always done and also checking carefully the best current subscription offer and it's not necessarily the longest!

7. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I was going to move to being a subscriber, but now I think I'll not bother. I'll continue taking a chance at my local shop.

8. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Not sure I completely understand that logic, because it's cheaper at either subscription price.

9. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

.....and usually gets delivered the Saturday before the Tuesday it appears in the shops.

10. Themis

Themis Well-Known Member

You should have subscribed when the Black Friday offer was out, it was just over £75 for a year (but only for new subscribers :mad:)