1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stunning street photography: 'My Wharf'

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by CWyatt, Aug 8, 2010.

1. NuclearFuzion

NuclearFuzion Well-Known Member

/modernart

Some person painted an entire canvas red and sold it for 50k...

I mean, yeah, maybe it really did have some sort of super-deep meaning or something...but even with the grey area in photography, nothing beats modern art in having a infant make hand paintings and critics trying to tell the difference from a similar piece conceived by a distinguished art graduate.

OP: The link now goes to some shopping website...

2. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

I think we're looking here at the work of a (capital A) Artist, who has already established a style and technique.

The cultural difference means I don't get some of it (someone wrote above about the Chinese morose streak - understandable, but it's more than that, it's everything from reading a newspaper bottom up backwards to what one eats).

Then again, quite a few were the artist's off day (IMHO), and (for me) didn't do much.
    Then again, too, quite a few transcend culture & nationality and for me, work.

I doubt I could take many shots that would sell in Armenia, Missouri, Beijing, Murmansk and Huddersfield. I do not have this artist's ability to make art that speaks across all lines, like that. So I look at the ones that move me, I skip the ones I can't work out or do not like much.

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Am I the only one getting a link to Chinese cat food?

4. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

geren do you mean cats used in chines cooking or food for chinese pets?

5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Errrr...food for Chinese pets of the feline variety.

I'm off for a look around the flickr set instead!

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Nope.

7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I actually think this is the first set of photographs I've seen in a long time that made me sit up, take notice and want to know more. There are many that I wouldn't want hanging on my wall, but that's not what these are about. I have added him as a Flickr contact and hope to see some more of his work. It's intriguing, and I like that.

8. LargeFormat

LargeFormat Well-Known Member

It's all I'm getting.:confused: