1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stuck pixel ???? help

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Kanti83, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Kanti83

Kanti83 Member

Hi everyone :) I am new in this forum and in photography world. I buy camera (used) Sony dsc h400 I noticed that when I record video I have little bright spot flashing :( it's only there when recording on HD when switch to a vga resolutions it's gone it's not there when taking pictures. I recorded on my phone I have it on my YouTube. if any one have ideas how to fix it I will really appreciated thank you

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi, Whatever it is it doesn't look like a pixel. It looks more like a reflection. Cameras usually have some kind of focus assist light for dark conditions, are you sure it is not that?.

If you use any digital camera in the dark then you are highly likely to see "hot pixels". They don't flash. They are very small - pixel sized in fact - so they show up clearly if you do a 100% view of the image. The camera usually has an ability to capture a reference dark frame and then subtract this from an image. Whether it can do this with video I don't know - the manual will say - but I think you are asking a lot to work in blackout.

Kanti83 likes this.
  3. Kanti83

Kanti83 Member

His thanks I was thinking it could be a reflection like. I was just thought that it is only on video mode will try find manual

thank you

4. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Also if it is a stuck pixel it is likely to be coloured. White implies at least a group of three, maybe more.

5. Kanti83

Kanti83 Member

It's not really bothering me .I just see it when I try the video mode but I am sure it shouldn't be there

thanks mate

6. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Is it always there, or does it depend on where you're pointing the camera. It almost looks like an infra-red beam from something else, like a tv, remote control, or similar.

7. Kanti83

Kanti83 Member

It's always there its also there when is cover on lens it on one spot but when I use full zoom it move close to the corner but only when start digital zoom.i can't see it on photos it only when use video mode .sorry for my bad English

8. EightBitTony

And sorry if I've misunderstood - when you record the video, and then watch the video back - is it on the recorded video, or is it just on the liveview / LCD while in video mode?

i.e. is it actually turning up on the resulting video recording?

9. Kanti83

Kanti83 Member

No its not on recorded video I thought it was but isn't it's just on lcd display and viewfinder to.its only when is 1280x720 when change to VGA it's not visible

10. EightBitTony

Then I have no clue, if it was JUST on the viewfinder, and not the LCD or image then it's not reaching the sensor or is being filtered out before it does.

But getting to the LCD and viewfinder, but not the sensor (i.e. final recording) is odd.