1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Street Photography

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mark101, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Nice piece thanks, but demonstrates the art of concocting a completely irrelevant and provocative headline as click-bait.
  3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Not at all impressed by the sample pictures. As for the fawning tone of the writing... :(
  4. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Can you describe "the street" as sexy? I don't know, but certainly society and the way we live our lives has changed since Meyerowitz began photographing in the sixties, and he's changed, and moved on to other things which is what you'd expect from anyone involved in the creative process. But sexy? I suppose he has a book to sell :)

But maybe he has a point . . . .

DSC9757 phone.jpg

DSC1517 phone.jpg
  5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Couldn't be bothered reading the article but looked at the pictures. You have to remember that whilst they look normal now at the time most were shooting black and white, so they'd have stood out more.
    AlanW likes this.
  6. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

A reasonably frequent advertiser in the magazine -- monthly, I think -- is https://streetphotography.com/ owned by Johnny Mobasher. Well worth looking at!

Declaration of interest: I've written for him in the past and hope to again, but I've been busy, and worried about Frances. I take her in tomorrow for a mastectomy on Friday.

7. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

I feel for you both, we've been there and I'm sure I was more worried than my wife. I trust it will be as successful as it was for us.
  8. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

A dreadful thing to be going through, for you both. Success stories abound however so I will be hoping for similarly positve results for Frances.
  9. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Wishing you both well. Don't worry yourself into a frazzle or you won't be any good for Frances.

10. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

All the best. All will be well I'm sure.
  11. Roger Hicks

Thanks for the kind wishes. Leaving in an hour...

12. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Fingers etc all crossed for you both, Roger. I'd cross my legs too, but I kept falling over...

13. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

My very best wishes for your wife Roger, sincerely hope all goes well.
  14. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Here's hoping for the best possible outcome.
  15. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I hope that the operation goes ahead this time and is successful.
  16. Roger Hicks

Thanks again. Shan't see her now until after the op: 1400-1500 Friday.

17. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Only just spotted this so a bit late but best wishes to you both. All in Craig towers are gunning for you.