1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Southern Meet at BWC - post pics here please

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Dave_Cox, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Dannyw

Dannyw Well-Known Member

Excellent capture

2. Phil_bar

Phil_bar Well-Known Member

You guys have really got some great shots. Mine have now been processed and to be honest I have been struggling to find anything at all half worthy of putting up, but here they anyway.

A Badger
    [​IMG]

A Wild Cat
    [​IMG]

Spot the Frog Competition
    [​IMG]

And ... here is the Frog
    [​IMG]

Hey Ho

All the best - Phil

3. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

4. Overread

Overread Well-Known Member

Dave - love your wifes squirrel shots - seems she caught them at a still moment (least slower than when I was near them)
    And the fox mouth competition is funny :)

5. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Great timing! :cool: I tried and failed to get something like that :eek:

And it took me ages to spot the frog :D

6. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

Dave, Chrissie has got some great shots there. I think the wild cat with the whiskers and tongue highlighted in the sun is one of the best photograph I have seen from the day. That and SnowQueen's reclining otter, and some of the dragon flys, and spiders, and .......

In the past I have avoided forum meets, assuming everyone will take the same photographs. It has been interesting to see the pictures posted, seeing how everyone has some great shots and how different they all are.

7. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

I think that's what has surprised me too Keith, the variety of photos and shots that have come out are excellent. :)

8. Badgerman

Badgerman Well-Known Member

I also agree too, wish I could have made the trip.
    I'm so impressed, I think I will have a go also....
    can someone confirm this is the right place... BWC

9. Overread

Yep that is the place!
    definatly worth visiting!

10. Badgerman

Did you go on one of the photographers only day or on a day with the rest of the public, was wondering how easy the access with the public also in tow :)

11. Overread

well provided that there is not an army of mad photographers going with you ;) its fine!
    Its not a big place and they don't put out a huge amount of ads for people - when we went in the meet the day was great (clear blue skies and sun) but there was nothing like the hords of people you get at a zoo. Easy to move around and shoot :)
    Not had a chance at one of their photographer days, but if you have a chance I would definatly go for one - you even get to go into some of the pens as well (from memory fox and otter are on the list I belive)

12. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

Hi Colin

We went on a normal public day. A few crowds gather at feeding times but otherwise it's easy to get to the animals. If you do get up there, let me know as I'd like to meet up.

13. Badgerman

Hi Dave, will be looking into doing a trip up...its a long way but could be worth it, I might pick one of the photographers day within the next few weeks depending on work etc....I will let you know what I come up with and maybe we can have a meet up :)